JW Wife Tells DFed Husband "You've killed us all."

by Swan 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• amac
    amac

This story is very upsetting. I agree with Bittersweet. Even if he is telling the truth about his wife killing the children, he admitted to murdering one of his own children to cover himself. He should rot in jail with no chance of parole.

• Swan
    Swan

In reading this it is important to understand the context of death to JWs. They both though of death as just sleep until the resurrection. "You've killed us all." is a key to understanding that attitude. Did MaryJane Longo observe her children in some innocent behavior that JWs do not do, singing a Christmas Carol perhaps? Did she think that they were slipping away from Jehovah and that the only hope for them to get into the Paradise was death and resurrection? Could MaryJane have killed her children to "save" them from Satan and to ensure a resurrection into Paradise? Christian Longo may have killed MaryJane out of anger, but then finished killing the baby to "save" her too and to "send her to a better place." So why not go to a party if your family is only asleep in death?

Heinous and cruel when we look at it one way can become a great favor when looking at it through the twisted JW logic. When looking at it through the rose colored glasses of WTBTS teachings, it makes sense. It's twisted and sadistic to us, but it begins to fit together when you remember that these people were still heavily under the influence of a cult. It's the same twisted thinking that killed the Bryant family and the followers of Jim Jones.

Tammy

• amac
    amac

Swan, I see what you are saying and don't doubt that they may have rationalized their actions in the way that you depict. But I think that thinking is twisted to average JW's as well. I don't think many JW's would read that article and think that it was a good thing because the children are being sent off. I think the average JW would think that article is a horrible tragedy and would rely on the resurrection as a hope for the poor children who had their lives stolen from them. I'm just speaking from my experience with the JWs I know.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

ACK!!!!! What a crappy thing to wake up and read! Poor kids.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Swan
    Swan
    Swan, I see what you are saying and don't doubt that they may have rationalized their actions in the way that you depict. But I think that thinking is twisted to average JW's as well. I don't think many JW's would read that article and think that it was a good thing because the children are being sent off. I think the average JW would think that article is a horrible tragedy and would rely on the resurrection as a hope for the poor children who had their lives stolen from them. I'm just speaking from my experience with the JWs I know.

Good point Amac. I'm just saying that what may not be normal for most JWs in normal circumstances can appear to be perfectly logical and rational thinking in extreme circumstances. Remember that we are talking about people who have a history of letting their loved children die instead of taking a lifesaving medical procedure, such as blood transfusion, organ transplant, or vaccinations. They have a history of dying rather than to buy a 25 cent citizenship card. But killing their children to ensure that they get resurrected into Paradise? JWs are closer to that line than they would like to think. We may be seeing more and more cases like the Longos and the Bryants as people begin to copycat these crimes. Tammy

• simplesally
    simplesally

It sounds weird to me, he was angry because she killed the other children, ok so he gets mad at her, but you think that he'd rejoice call 911 and save the baby. Then deal with the truth about what he did in a fit of rage against the wife. My little girl will be 2, I cannot even in a fit of anger, imagine snuffing out her life. It make me so sad and eyes filled with tears to imagine the childrens' pain. The one they trusted, Mommy or Daddy, was hurting them. Oh what a world.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

He should die a very slow, painful death.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Swan: and what evidence besides this bastards word do they have? Her family knew her and didn't believe for a moment she touched her kids he had lost control by being caught with his dealings and he acted like the anilmal that he is

• Swan
    Swan

The prosecution had the deputy state medical examiner report that he couldn't tell if the older two kids had been strangled, suffocated, or drowned. The defense had a retired state medical examiner report that they were drowned because of the telltale foam caused when water gets in the lungs. That means those two kids died in a different manner than MaryJane and the baby, who were definitely choked to death. It begins to fit with Longo's story of admitting to two deaths and denying the others. The defense story explains the evidence, the prosecution does not. There is a reasonable doubt. He is still guilty of killing his wife and the baby, however, and for that he should pay dearly.

Tammy

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I still believe that he is manipulative enough to concoct this divergence because what he says about the baby doesn't ring true if he was angry about his children being killed he would have tried to get help for the baby it makes no sense and his attitude when caught doesnt either I just pray that if she didn't do it they clear her name how horrible for her family and I am so intuitve for instance since this crap started with Iraq I have been saying that there were underground tunnels Thunder said NO way the sand blah blah blah I woudl counter witth the Eqyptian tunnels etc well guess what they found today so I have the same feeling about this case I have no doubt he did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit