Jehovah's Witnesses and Tattoos

by NotFormer 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have heard JWs make comments that having tattoos is wrong and would not be allowed. However, when I looked it up ,a WT said that the Jewish law restricting them was because they were a part of pagan religion and that restriction would not apply today .

The article then went on to point out all the practical reasons for not having one and discouraged it. I have never known a young dub with a tattoo. I have known a couple of older ones who had them in their youth before they were Witnesses.

• Destin
    Destin

Longhairgal

I'm speaking of real life experience. You are just making assumptions. Most of what you stated started with "if". How do you really know then? Gobble up the lies if u want to.

• Destin
    Destin

FedUpJW

Stictly forbidden? They say to consider what the Bible says, but it doesn't at any point say you cant. You call it cherry picking rules, but it's not stated as a rule in the first place. Do your homework before you lash out with ignorance.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Destin, the article you quote clearly indicates it is not acceptable. Would you get disfellowshipped for it, maybe not, but someone who intentionally establish independence, drawing attention, identity or control over their body, it is clearly implied they do not see that as acceptable. You would be reproved and considered an immature Christian according to other articles in the WTLIB.

As a CO once told me, if the GB says they give you a suggestion, you should take it as an order.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit