"I bought this war game for my XBox and I want my money back"

by Simon 16 Replies latest social current

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Sounds like a game polititians would make. I can tell you that the average soldier knows full well how to fight but those old wind bags in the White House seem to live in fantasy land. Have you tried the new Rainbow 6 game? I'm too lazy to look for reviews.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Simon knowing how you feel about war I would think you woulda loved the game LOL

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think the only people who thought that this war would be done by afternoon tea and we could all read about it in the papers the morning after are idiots.

Interesting how the President on the night the war began had this to say:

"A campaign on the harsh terrain of a nation as large as California could be longer and more difficult than some predict. And helping Iraqis achieve a united, stable and free country will require our sustained commitment." - Speech to the nation on March 19

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/03/20030319-17.html

But I'm sure that those who are against this war would just love to see everything go badly, so they see this 12 day old conflict as "dragging on". You'd swear it had been going on for 5 years the way some are spinning it. I certainly had no illusions of an 'overnight success', and neither did the President and he told everyone that too. The rest of this smacks of playground argument.

• DJ
    DJ

Poor Simon,

The thing is that we just can't do anything about it. Peace to your heart Simon. The world just won't ever give us the peace that we desire.

I'm curious, are you insinuating that the government is lying to the media or are you just frustrated with the coverage? I 'm sure that there are things going in in Iraq that the gov.s are keeping from the media to protect the troops. I must say, whenever I hear of a Brit being wounded or killed, I always think of you guys here. Wars are nasty but they will never stop.Let's just hope that it works out soon. My biggest concern is post war. I think that we've managed to piss off certain Arabs permanantly. Like I said before though........we can't change that either. Hmmm. imagine if we had never been dubs, then maybe we'd hold political positions.....Simon, you could be PM and I could be Saddam and Angharad could be the queen. I guess that Dubla or LB could be Bush? Scary, huh? I don't envy those people one bit. I'd be a nice Saddam though and have you and the queen over for tea often.

• dubla
    dubla

if anyones ever played desert storm for the ps2, youll see that none of the iraqi soldiers surrender in that game.....which i guess is pretty unrealistic considering the non-existant resistance we actually encountered in the real desert storm.

aa

• Adam
    Adam

dubla,

Love that game. Me and my girl have started calling Rick Leventhal "Foley" from that game. Kinda looks like him doncha think? We never shot the sheep herders that occasionaly pop up but after all these reports of Iraqi soldiers in civilian cloths, maybe we should start. LOL

• dmouse
    dmouse

I loved C&C when it first came out - played it for days on end.

I'm just going through Red Alert2 all over again and enjoying that too. Playing against real opponents is far better than against the computer.

I used to get together with a group of brothers every Boxing day and play all day - they don't come anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit