"I bought this war game for my XBox and I want my money back"

by Simon 16 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Picture the scene:

You buy a new Tom-Clancy type game for your XBox / PS2 / PC and rush home to play it. You guide your soldier through the enemy terrain and discover an enemy outpost ... which then surrenders. Hmmnn ... pressing on you come across more enemy, they all surrender too. The 'enemy' people welcome you with open arms and you are declared victor and given a high score.

What would you do?

You'd take it straight back to the shop saying it was totally unrealistic crap!

unless ...

... it is a war-game for the pentagon - in which case you base a whole military campaign on it, commit hundreds of thouands of troops and billions of dollars to it.

Maybe I'm being a little unkind but this does seem to be the gist of it !

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hmmm, aren't you the guy who raised the question of banning threads on the war...?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,once you play C&C no other war game seems to match up..I have found nothing more interesting in stratagey games than C&C...OUTLAW

• Simon
    Simon
    Hmmm, aren't you the guy who raised the question of banning threads on the war...?

Yes, I raised the question ... what's your point?

• Simon
    Simon

OUTLAW: Have you played C&C Generals? It's very good !

• Robdar
    Robdar

Shout it out, Simon!

Robyn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,No I haven`t but I am very keen on aquireing it.I read your initial post when you first got it.I was happy they came out with a new one,as I am a big fan of the series...I`ve never played C&C against a human opponant..Once I get the new computer we should play each other.....OUTLAW

• Simon
    Simon

It is 100 times better against a real opponent and one of the best online games I've played. The new version is great (a bit of a change but good once you've got used to it)

Let me know when you're setup and I'll have you a game.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Perhaps they will make a game where instead of moving early against your opponent you can just protest for peace until you are so badly attacked by your enemy you can't recover. Sounds like a pretty crappy game too.

• wednesday
    wednesday

You just can't help yourself, can u Simon?

Sounds like a game the press thought up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit