my deconversion story-special interest to Dansk

by Ravyn 18 Replies latest members private

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    It seems that Jason died from a suicide and Watchtower was trying to cover it up because it was in response to a gay affair with one of the governing body memebers('apostles')and to keep the parents from getting an autopsy they had exhumed the body and had it cremated and were claiming the grave never existed.

is there anything else that the WTS could shock us with?

Waiting in the motel room for the trial the next day I was visited by legal reps for Watchtower asking me to lie.

surprise, surprise

They stripped me to the bone. It seems that after Meredith lied to her father and told him I was coming later to California to live with them too(hence the reason why she was taking all my furniture) she told the congregation to come in and take waht was left. I called the elders and told them that I did not authorize anyone to take any of my stuff and they basically said 'too late now' and told me I could not sue my brothers and sisters.

astonishing

• Brummie
    Brummie

Ravyn this is a fantastic post! How come I missed this the first time round? I must have been busy deceiving the world or sumpthink.

Anyhows BTTT for anyone who missed it.

Brummie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks for the "bump," Brummie!

I too missed this the first time around - a remarkable story Ravyn!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Rayvn, this is what I was referring to a few months back. I tried to locate it on my H2O CD but never could.

Thanks for posting it for this forum.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I did leave something out of the story that I only recently even remembered because I found the old attorney's letters in a box. The mother of my foster kids, when I was trying to sell my house actually put a bid on it(this was a year after the whole mess was over.) It was laughable--it was like $15,000 below market and the elders actually told me I had to lower the price so she could buy it because she was still my sister! I told them to deal with my real estate agent. Then I got a letter from her attorney, dated 2 days BEFORE the elders told me I had to sell it to her, saying that if I did not sell it to her she would sue me for 'discrimination'(discrimination against what? insufficient funds?) Anyway my real estate agent got their attorneys on it and it went no where with the bank. But this is what I put up with in Brattleboro, Vermont--yooohoooo Ron McTaggart!

Ravyn

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ravyn,

I liked this statement to your dad;

**** Religion is such a small limited piece of spirituality for humans. The world is such a bigger place than cults would have you believe. The Universe belongs to everyone. Truth is relative here on Earth. And the idea that there is only one secret way and only one elite group of people practicing it, is American Protestant Fundamentalism at its most dangerous. It is trap****

You indeed must have been one dedicated pioneer, to receive a missionary assignment in the states!

What a story of lives destroyed........all the while thinking you were serving the righteous god. Stories like this abound in jwdom.

The word dysfunctional just doesn't cover the weird goings on in the realm of a cult.

So glad you made the exodus.

Danny

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

bttt for LogansRun and his 'logical' thread.

Ravyn

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I missed it too the first time around. Great story. Thanks for sharing. And another bump!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Simply stunning.... thanks for sharing, Ravyn!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit