Physical Symptoms with the mention or thought of Borg, JW, etc

by CovertsadJW 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CovertsadJW
    CovertsadJW

Good morning ,

Does anyone else have physical symptoms with the mention of JW ,Borg, WT, etc. My wife mentioned that we should study the watchtower with the kids and just the thought made me physically anxious and mildly nauseated. I am not trying to be funny or dramatic, but I have had anxiety, mild depression, nausea, etc with the thought of JW, studying with my kids, etc.

Thoughts ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back in my late teens i had great difficulty in reading watchtower literature and magazines. the slabs of boring text were blurred. i ended up getting my eyes tested--and buying reading glasses. just seemed to make it worse.

then i came up with the solution. i stopped reading the stuff. my eyesite became pefect again.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Why not just counter with studying a book in the Bible together as an alternative?

• menrov
    menrov

In JW terms, you are head of the family....just say NO....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes, I had major stress, which can cause all manner of health issues. I started to drink heavily as a coping mechanism. That’s not good either.

When my wife said, “We could be closer if we would just read the Bible together.”, I could barely contain my nausea. It was nothing against her, just the whole idea that Bible reading would fix everything.

A year earlier, and maybe that would have worked, and maybe I would have my family? I’ll never know.

Only the Kingdumb Maladies bother me now..

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear mongering religious cults operating by a religious publishing house can do that , this religious cult in all its vial corruption and lies was a causative influence for people to commit suicide.

Tell that to your wife .

• Outahere
    Outahere
    Give it time. You'll get over it.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The thought of going to a Kingdom Hall or sometimes seeing JWs is enough to cause me some negative emotions.

• Ding
    Ding

Most JWs think such problems are their fault.

To the contrary, the WT constantly instills fears in JWs that you aren't good enough, aren't doing enough, aren't devoted enough, aren't faithful enough, aren't studying enough, aren't preparing well enough for meetings, aren't attending enough meetings, aren't going out in service enough, aren't giving as much as you could, aren't as good an example to others as you should be, etc.

And with Armageddon just around the corner, too...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation (JWS) is a mixture of corruption, lies, power, death, social discord, fear, anxiety ignorance, exploitation, manipulation, apathy and money.

From all that realization, yes it should cause some degree of emotional and psychological turmoil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit