Apparently, William Tyndale was an early J-Dub?

by My Name is of No Consequence 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    No, since 2013, the Faithful Slave was appointed in 1919 and is essentially the Governing Body, not the "anointed remnant". The anointed and the "other sheep" are now together the "domestics".
    Matthew 24:45 has now been disconnected with the Parable of the Wheat and the Weeds

Got it. I know the FDS is now only the GB and the anointed have been relegated to a place of unimportance.

But do they have a new position on whether or not there have always been anointed throughout time?

I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but they used to point to the limited number of anointed as evidence of the nearness of Armageddon. If 1,500 years passed without there being any anointed, the present number of anointed could grow much larger and still sort of make sense within the confines for their crumbling theology.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing the WTS has proven is that you can take fictional ancient mythology and sell it to people, ignorance of the past becomes ignorance today and some men are able to cultivate their own power and money from out of that endeavor.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Good point John_Mann. The org loves Hus, Tyndale, Wycliffe and even Isaac Newton. But I never heard or read where Calvin or Luther were put in a favorable light with the org. Luther and Calvin were reformers too, were they not?

I think they only love these men because they hate the main reformers. Because they try to detach themselves from Protestant Reform. Because they don't want to be seen as being part of Catholic Church (traditional Protestants are in partial communion with CC and share a great amount of central doctrines). They even try to stablish a bizarre authority succession from Abel, considered to be the first Jehovah's Witness.

JWs are not alone in this thinking. Baptists try to trace down their authority to John Baptist.

They don't want to admit their version of Christianity is very recent in history and always founded by a single man with totally original (and opposite) ideas.

In the end is just a copycat version of the Catholic doctrine of apostolic succession.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

How could Tyndale and the others be anointed? They were highly educated, which immediately casts doubt on their qualifications. Add a beard and its a no go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit