So where the hell is my big fat Greek shepherding call?

by expatbrit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

It's March 31. Last day of the big round-up, isn't it?

Well I haven't seen the merest hint of a shepherds crook, let alone a crooked shepherd. And you'd think I'd be an easy mark, what with the JW wife to let the elders in. So how come Jehovah hasn't let slip the sheep dogs of theocratic war?

How many others didn't get a call who were expecting one? Should I be feeling neglected?...lol

Expatbrit

• bigboi
    bigboi

Word is that all Expatriated Brits have been ruled as incorrigible and irreformable. I hear this is mostly due a rapcious wit that shows an utter disregard for anything theorgcratic in nature.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I did not get mine double darn

• blondie
    blondie

Factors involved:

Do they know where you live?

Have they tried calling (check caller ID)?

Is your card still attached to a congregation?

Do you have a relative that would nag them to call?

Do you have a lot of money?

Did you leave on a bad, noisy event?

Are you known to have guns?

Do you have a nasty dog in the yard?

Blondie

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe they're scared of you! The ledger books.... the sharp pencils... the wry way you ask them "Who is doing your income tax return for 2002?"

Love, Scully (who got her visit by osmosis...)

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Do they know where you live? Yes

Have they tried calling (check caller ID)? No

Is your card still attached to a congregation? Not sure

Do you have a relative that would nag them to call? Nope

Do you have a lot of money? No

Did you leave on a bad, noisy event? Yes they caused it LOL

Are you known to have guns? No but what they don't know won't hurt them LOL

Do you have a nasty dog in the yard?NOT really but she will bark

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Frankly Expat,

I would be very intimidated myself by a man with a tin head...lol

HS

• patio34
    patio34

I didn't get a sweet l'il ol' shepherding call either! Ha-ha

Pat

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Bigboi: Incorrigible and irreformable eh? Ever noticed how "theorgcratic" has the same flavour to it as "regurgitated"?

Blondie: Yeah they know where I live. They may have tried, but I screen all calls through the answer service, and they haven't left a message. My wife is a JW, so they can't exactly have forgotten about me, despite a heavily planned fade. No guns, no dogs, no nasty event. A brother in the cong. is currently doing some work on the house, so relations seem to be friendly, with no shunning. Curious.

Scully: Yeah, I think tax is going to be a bit of a headache for JW's in the future. Those satanic CCRA guys...lol

Hillary: You think the tin head gives them nightmares of Nebuchadnezzarian images? Oh for a stone cut from a mountain!

It's interesting that "some" haven't got visits, since I thought it was a firm order from HQ to get everyone.

Expatbrit

• Xena
    Xena

Nope no visit for me I don't supposed it could be the chalk outline of a man with a bookbag outside my door???? Nawwwwwwwwwwwww....more likely because I am in the Ex-Witness Protection Program.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit