How to Read Financial Statements

by JeffT 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I guess that is one of the advantages of being an international organization when just moving money around between countries can result in a profit. Nice gig.

The gig is nice of it pays off. Betting on currency exchange rates is a gamble like other investments. Only this gamble is more heavily influenced by political elements that can pop up without notice. There's also business elements that take everyone by surprise. The Euro is heavily driven by the German economy. My money would have gambled the Euro would make gains against the US dollar in the months ahead. But this VW (German!) thing that has recently become known changes the math for me.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Marvin: The Euro is heavily driven by the German economy. My money would have gambled the Euro would make gains against the US dollar in the months ahead. But this VW (German!) thing that has recently become known changes the math for me.

Hmmm. I wonder how much this recent German "thing" has affected certain prominent German JWs. You know...the ones who recently got long term funding from an undisclosed source.

I wonder if those JWs have had to change their math, too.

• mana11
    mana11
    I enjoyed your blog JeffT, thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit