Did Jehovah Provide? Examples please

by anglise 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

Jehovah spends an inordinate amount of his time manipulating estate agencies and council planning departments.

• If we didn't get that piece of land it must have been Jehovah's will, because he has in mind a better location for the new hall.
    • That stubborn councillor Mr Haytzdubs has now conceded to our planning request, Jehovah must have been present at that council meeting!
    • That school burnt down leaving a lovely space for us to locate our new Kingdom Hall - Jehovah must have blessed that arsonist!
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I once asked Jehovah to open a door for me - he didn't.

Seems odd... if he can conquer the Egyptians and Canaanites... they why they hell can't he open a simple door?

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I was always one of those that believed that somehow Jehovah would take care of things. It gave me confidence to take risks in business. I think that did more harm than good. I sometimes have to fight that mentality even now. I now realize that I have complete control of my own destiny.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

I recall thinking lots of times when unexpected good things happened to me, or bad stuff missed me that "Jehovah Was Providing".

Now that I've left, stuff like that STILL happens, but now my head is screwed on right and I recognize that stuff just happens that way, you win some, you lose some, good stuff happens to most people once in while, bad stuff misses everybody sometimes....

Funny thing is that while a dub, it never occurred to me to see through the corollary concept to "Jehovah Provides": namelly: "Jehovah Is Allowing A Test On You"......so, when good stuff happens, you thank big J, when bad stuff happens, you still thank big J (for the test)

Gosh, the things I used to believe, hook, line and sinker..............

----Dan

• ballistic
    ballistic

Danny "unexpected good things" ...

How often do these happen???

What's it like?

• anglise
    anglise

Lots of interesting replies on this.

BerylblueThat was an awful thing to happen. I felt really angry reading your post. I hope you find the inner strength to get over it.

ShakitaYes the givers are generous ones in the cong.

AlanFHow many dedications have we sat through listening to all the spiel about jhvh giving this KH/AH when all the hard work and monies have come from us.

MattyWe had an elder who commented on jhvs blessing on the weather for the Brighton Convention. ie we could sit on the beach in the sun during the lunch break.The idiot totally over looked the fact that 100's of holiday makers where doing the same without having to sit through hours of boring talks to justify it. (We reminded him)

BallisticOne day something good will happen for you. Keep looking.

Anglise

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Dannyboy,
    I second your comments! "You win some, you lose some." If Jehovah really provided then my mom would have been able to raise me on more than $300 a month!!

Fire

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Ballistic,

Not sure if you're tongue-in-cheek here, but I'll give you a serious answer LOL.

"unexpected good things" examples: collecting on an old debt I'd written off; closing sales I thought were gone; unanticipated upturns in my health; etc. At the time, I "saw" Jehovah's hand in all this. Now, all I see is MY hand LOL.

Upon reflection, I guess I'm thinking mostly about financial stuff, but it would include other stuff like "priveleges"

---Dan

• anglise
    anglise

Hallo Dannyboy

By 'privileges' I assume you mean the glory of handling the microphones or even the reflected glory of handing out the mags for the lit' servant? lol

Anglise

• Swan
    Swan

I remember several business opportunities that came along my Mom claimed were provided by Jehovah. Maybe they were, because like Russell's early teachings, they had to do with pyramids. LOL!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit