I still get emotional about the "truth" .....even though I know it's all lies...what is wrong with me????

by Witness 007 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    My mum is doing kemo and I have gone to many meetings at my old hall and brothers have said how they remember my old talks how good they were (ass kiss) and I still FEEL emotional even though i know 100% it is lies, funny human mind did i do it all for personal pats on the back and self esteem....yes I did i was a loser who needed some luv.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi Witness.

We all have some sort of memories to do with the watchtower corporation I guess..........some good, some bad. That's life, I guess. We focus on the good...mostly.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yup, I get that too. The love bombing is what does it for most people. I mean who would join, no matter how much sense it made, if all the people where mean?

The sense of community has always been the toughest thing to give up.

PS nothing wrong with needing some love.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Witness 007, we've all been shaken by our personal awakenings - but not stirred!

At the moment, we have zero friends locally within the Org, and our old friends are oblivious to the fact that we are inactive and avoiding every assembly and most meetings. We're prepared for that info becoming known, but in the meantime, we have to get on with our new lives outside of the Org. It will take time - but it will be well worth it!

Good, close friends are hard to come by, in & out of the Org!! You'll get there.

• mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    I cried last nite in the dark as my children said their prayers asking God to bring paradise so that they can lTouch the animals. It made me sad to know that won't happen unless there's a heaven or afterlife which I haven't Sigurd out yet. And it made me sad that have taught then lies. Because I was taught lies.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

It's like losing a (toxic) spouse. The love was real. You're going to feel a sense of loss. But inside you know you made the right decision by walking away.

• stillin
    stillin
    Nobody knows for sure whether there will ever be peace on earth, and the clean type of planet that there should be. Good, meaningful relationships don't come in a box called a Kingdom Hall. Some of what the Witnesses offer may have value, some of the people may, too. It's just the blind obedience and being led by the nose by people who aren't thinking at all. It was easy, it was hard. It was a lifestyle. Naturally there's a hole where it once was but you will fill the hole with better things!
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Your mom is going through chemo. You have stuff going through you like a pregnant woman-stress hormones, etc. Your mom's life is precious. You have to find good somewhere in all this because it validates her life and your life together. Good stuff happened. Friendship existed, even if it wasn't an overcoming a cult level of friendship.

Take the good memories. It doesn't mean you have to accept the bad stuff.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Mommy, you don't have to give or know all the answers. Jesus didn't give a picture of paradise earth. He was very much about how to treat others, NOW. Follow that example, keep it simple. It's not some theology to be reinterpreted. It's humanity 101. That's his main message.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Hi ((( hugs )))

No, you are not a loser.

Take a step back - and breathe.

But.... You are on a journey - heads up my fellow friend and brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit