How many of you were whipped by JW parents, relatives,random cong. members?

by avishai 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dedalus
    dedalus
    How many of you were whipped by JW parents, relatives,random cong. members?

My father. Put a hole in the basement wall with my head one Thursday, covered it up with a poster of some kittens in time for the bookstudy that night.

Dedalus

• avishai
    avishai

Warrigal, I was slapped hard enough to puncture my eardrum, twice. Extremely painful

Witchchild, I just put MY 9 mo. old, born june 10, down to sleep. I understand totally. Avishai, of the I will end you if you mess w/my kid father class.

My Mom (me too) is now horrified to remember that she started spanking me @ 4 mo. old, as per congregational approval. Some people on these threads say "I don't think JW discipline is any worse than others" & I can see that viewpoint. I moved around A LOT as a kid, & saw that some congs were more conservative & some more liberal. Some congregations would have been horrified @ the 10 or 15 beatings per night at a certain hall, & THAT hall would be horrified at the tolerance of the disapproving one.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Both my parents were violent when it came to "parenting". My fathers weapon of choice was a car fan belt doubled over. I remember not being able to hardly walk or sit after one of his "behavior modification" sessions. My mother was fond of hitting us with a long wooden spoon she used in the kitchen. One time she flattened my brother's nose. I haven't seen him for years, but he definately had the pugilist look! I also remember one beating another brother recieved that left him unable to go to school for two days. We really felt the "love of Jesus" in our family.

carmel

• mustang
    mustang

I got my share of whippings; but I also BITE. Seriously, I made too much of a scene for them to get bad; so a truce was effected.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit