CONGREGATION CONTRADICTIONS Weekly # 1 - Children Being Sacrificed

by UnDisfellowshipped 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

CONGREGATION CONTRADICTIONS Weekly # 1 -- Children Sacrificing Their Lives to obey the Watchtower Society's ever-changing Blood Doctrine!

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Definition of "Congregation": (1a): An assembly of persons: GATHERING; especially an assembly of persons met for worship and religious instruction (1b): A religious community: as an organized body of believers in a particular locality

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Definition of "Contradiction": (1a): A proposition, statement, or phrase that asserts or implies both the truth and falsity of something (1b): A statement or phrase whose parts contradict each other

Hebrews 13:9: Don't be carried away by various and strange teachings...

Galatians 1:6: I marvel that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you in the grace [unearned favor and kindness] of Christ to a different gospel [good news];
    Galatians 1:7: and there isn't actually another gospel [good news]. Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Gospel [Good News] of Christ.
    Galatians 1:8: But even if we [the Apostles], or an angel from Heaven, should preach to you any gospel [good news] other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.
    Galatians 1:9: As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any gospel [good news] other than that which you received, let him be cursed.

2nd Corinthians 11:3: But I am afraid that somehow, as the Serpent deceived Eve in his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
    2nd Corinthians 11:4: For if he who comes preaches another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or if you receive a different spirit, which you did not receive, or a different gospel [good news], which you did not accept, you put up with that well enough.

Colossians 2:8: Be careful that you don't let anyone rob you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the elements of the world, and not after Christ.

Ephesians 5:11: Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather even reprove and expose them.
    Ephesians 5:12: For the things which are done by them in secret, it is a shame even to speak of.

Ephesians 4:14: that we may no longer be children, tossed back and forth and carried about by the waves with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error, who lead others into error by the tricks they invent

The Watchtower, December 1st 1981 Issue, Page 27:

"...it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as “tacking.” By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. ..."

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Definition of "Tacking": (1) To change the direction of (a sailing ship) when sailing close-hauled by turning the bow to the wind and shifting the sails so as to fall off on the other side at about the same angle as before. Intransitive Senses: (1a): To change to an opposite tack by turning the bow to the wind. (1b): To follow a course against the wind by a series of tacks. (2a): To follow a zigzag course. (2b): To modify one's policy or attitude abruptly

The Watchtower, May 15th 1976 Issue, Page 298:

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating—‘wishy-washy’—about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?"

Can Jehovah God or Jesus Christ lie?

Titus 1:2: ...God... cannot lie...

1st Peter 2:22: [Jesus Christ] did not sin, "neither was deceit found in His mouth."

John 18:20: Jesus answered him, "I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues, and in the Temple, where the Jews always meet. I said nothing in secret."

Does Jehovah God or Jesus Christ ever change?

Malachi 3:6: "...I, Jehovah, do not change..."

James 1:17: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, nor turning shadow.

Hebrews 13:8: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

This is the first of an ongoing Weekly Series of Threads I am going to post entitled "Congregation Contradictions".

"Congregation Contradictions" will feature the Watchtower Society's contradictory quotes, for instance, this week will show two Watchtower statements about Children dying for the Blood Policy, which absolutely contradict each other.

These Threads will be relatively small (compared to some of my other Threads), because I want everyone to be able to read over them quickly, and I also encourage everyone to post their comments about these Threads.

Each week I will post the next "issue" of this Weekly Series (probably on the weekend).

I am also starting three other Weekly Threads, which are entitled "Theocracy Hypocrisy", which will highlight a different set of hypocritical Watchtower quotes each week, and also "The Truth Will Set You Free", which will expose one of the Watchtower's false teachings about the Bible each week, and finally, "Exposing the False Teachers", which will expose false teachings about the Bible which are taught by other people and religions besides the Watchtower.

Now this Weekly Issue (# 1 -- Children Sacrificing Their Lives for the Watchtower's Blood Transfusion Policy) begins:

Quotes from Awake!, May 22nd 1994 Issue, Pages 2-13:

Youths Who Put God First

In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue.

[...]

By rejecting blood transfusions that could conceivably have extended his present life, Adrian Yeatts showed himself to be one of the many young people who put God first.

Quote from The Watchtower, December 1st 1998 Issue, Page 14:

Jehovah's Witnesses have been targets of false accusations--barefaced lies and twisted presentations of their beliefs... The accusation that numerous children of Jehovah's Witnesses die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions is totally unfounded.

• greven
    greven

Undisfellowshipped,

Thanx for this thread! I am particulairy fond of the texts you provided...I made a file with these texts as "anti newlight texts".

Very good! I am looking forward to your new posts!

Greven

• anglise
    anglise

Thankyou Undisfellowshipped

this is interesting.

Thankyou for the time spent researching this. I would imagine it could be very useful to have such eye opening snippets to hand.

This is one I have saved.

Anglise

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue.
    It's odd, but upon reading those lines, it seems to me that they are implying that the hospitals and courtrooms are somehow causing the deaths, rather than the deaths resulting from the WTS command to refuse transfusions. Is it just me, or is that what they are trying to say?

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Excellent thread, and a great idea to keep these threads coming every week, UD.

Neon, I see where you get this, but it doesn't look intentional to me. Maybe UD has more of the context in front of him. To me there is an implication that in times past thousands of Christian children were killed in some other arenas, but now the drama unfolds in some new arenas: hospitals and courtrooms. If our mind hearkens back to famous persecutions like the "feeding Christians to lions," then we think of an arena where its owners and onlookers typically wanted the Christians to die. I think the writer here, however, is just happy with the irony that in the modern JW cases, the Christians effectively want to die and the owners of the arena (governments and hospitals) want the Christians to live.

Gamaliel

• sf
    sf

UnDissed,

One important inquiry I have is, are you sending these masterpieces of your out to other 'outlets'? Such as news sources, jw boards/ chat areas, community churches, lawyers, community politicians, etc.?

It would be much easier and more effective if the mail (your threads) came straight from it's author.

Please consider it. Let me know if can be of any help in this mailing. Yet, I feel if O' Reilly got it from you, it's author, he (and the above mentioned) would pay more attention.

Respectfully, sKally

• happy man
    happy man

UnD

• happy man
    happy man

und.

here in Sweden we have a wrold fore peopel like you, how always look fore bad things,and only see or even want to see bad thing, and that is "rättshaverist".

If we now thake this complaining about how many ho are dead beaaucause of blood polyci, i want to add,how many have been saved beaucause they say now,, but one thing I now,a lot of peopel dont want to thave blod, aspecially they how work on hospitals,they now the risks.

Sowe have two sides here UND and you only tell one WHY?

we can also say if we are jW we are saved from a lot of trubbel, we was not in wietnam we are not in the areoplane how now bomb Irak, we are defenetly not among this christians how bless war, how many life have the chrisitanity sacrefice on the altar of war in the last 100 year, millions, and here you come and comlain about a few in Jw religion, even if we say you are right in the blood issu,you make a unfaire compare , millions against a few, but you dont even tell about this millions how have been foold by ther religius leaders and sacrifice there life fore a lie, that ther nation was something special,and that thy was fighting fore the lord, WHY ,WHY , WHY, are you so unfair, Und,i think you have some hidden motiv and dont want to bee fair.

In some way you do the same misstake asJW are doing,only tell the bad things in diffrnet religions, and I dont defend that as you see.

widh love from HM

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good title, 'Congregation Contradictions'. The two quotes you use certainly seem contradictory. Good post Undis.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

NeonMadman said:

It's odd, but upon reading those lines, it seems to me that they are implying that the hospitals and courtrooms are somehow causing the deaths, rather than the deaths resulting from the WTS command to refuse transfusions. Is it just me, or is that what they are trying to say?

Please see the quotes from the rest of the Article I posted below.

Gamaliel said:

Excellent thread, and a great idea to keep these threads coming every week, UD.

Thank You Gamaliel!

Gamaliel said:

Neon, I see where you get this, but it doesn't look intentional to me. Maybe UD has more of the context in front of him. To me there is an implication that in times past thousands of Christian children were killed in some other arenas, but now the drama unfolds in some new arenas: hospitals and courtrooms. If our mind hearkens back to famous persecutions like the "feeding Christians to lions," then we think of an arena where its owners and onlookers typically wanted the Christians to die. I think the writer here, however, is just happy with the irony that in the modern JW cases, the Christians effectively want to die and the owners of the arena (governments and hospitals) want the Christians to live.

Yes indeed, Gamaliel -- your comments are right on the money.

Below is some of the context from the rest of that Awake Article to show what the Watchtower Society meant when they said children were dying because they refused blood transfusions.

Quotes from Awake!, May 22 1994 Issue, Pages 2-15:

Youths Who Put God First

He ‘Remembered His Creator in the Days of His Youth’

[...]

He Was Adamant—No Blood!

...It started in March 1993, when Adrian was 14 years old. A fast-growing tumor was found in his stomach. The doctors wanted a biopsy but feared excessive bleeding and said that a blood transfusion might be necessary. Adrian said no. He was adamant. He said, with tears in his eyes: “I just could not live with myself if I am given blood.” He and his family were Jehovah’s Witnesses, who reject blood transfusions on the Biblical grounds recorded at Leviticus 17:10-12 and Acts 15:28, 29.

While in the Dr. Charles A. Janeway Child Health Centre in St. John’s, Newfoundland, awaiting the biopsy—to be done without blood—Adrian was asked by oncologist Dr. Lawrence Jardine to express himself on the matter of blood.

“Look,” Adrian said, “it wouldn’t matter whether my parents were Jehovah’s Witnesses or not. I still wouldn’t take blood.”

Dr. Jardine asked, “Do you realize that you could die if you don’t take a blood transfusion?”

“Yes.”

“And you’re willing to do that?”

“If that’s what it takes.”

His mother, also present, asked, “Why are you taking such a stand?”

Adrian replied: “Mom, it’s not a good trade. To disobey God and extend my life for a few years now and then because of my disobedience to God lose out on a resurrection and living forever in his paradise earth—that’s just not smart!”—Psalm 37:10, 11; Proverbs 2:21, 22.

[...]

...I won’t agree to blood or let it be used; no way. I know I could die if no blood is used. But that is my decision. No one talked me into that. I trust Dr. Jardine very much. I believe he is a man of his word. He says he’ll give me intense treatment with no blood ever being used. He told me the risks. I understand that. I know the worst. . . . The way I feel is that if I’m given any blood that will be like raping me, molesting my body. I don’t want my body if that happens. I can’t live with that. I don’t want any treatment if blood is going to be used, even a possibility of it. I’ll resist use of blood.” ...

[...]

‘How are you dealing with this, Adrian?’ ‘Mom, I’m going to live anyway, even if I die. And if I’ve only got two weeks to live, I want to enjoy them.

[...]

now his condition had worsened, and he was back in the hospital and could no longer leave it. So the nurses kindly arranged for him to use one of the stainless steel tanks in the physiotherapy room. He was baptized there September 12; he died the next day, September 13.

[...]

By rejecting blood transfusions that could conceivably have extended his present life, Adrian Yeatts showed himself to be one of the many young people who put God first.

[...]

Youths Who Have “Power Beyond What Is Normal”

YOU are young. Only 12. You have a family you love. You have school friends you enjoy. You have outings at the beach and in the mountains. You feel awe when gazing at a night sky packed with stars. You have your whole life ahead of you.

And now you have cancer. Such news is a blow when you’re 60. It’s total devastation when you’re 12.

Lenae Martinez

So it seemed for 12-year-old Lenae Martinez. Her hope was to live forever on a paradise earth. This hope was bolstered by the Bible training she had received from her parents, who are Jehovah’s Witnesses. Had not she herself read in the Bible that the earth would continue forever, that it was created to be inhabited forever, and that the meek would inherit it forever?—Ecclesiastes 1:4; Isaiah 45:18; Matthew 5:5.

Now she was in the Valley Children’s Hospital in Fresno, California, U.S.A. She had been admitted there for what appeared to be a kidney infection. Tests revealed, however, that she had leukemia. The doctors treating Lenae determined that packed red blood cells and platelets should be transfused and chemotherapy started immediately.

Lenae said that she wanted no blood or blood products, that she had been taught that God forbids that, as shown in the Bible books of Leviticus and Acts. “For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication.” (Acts 15:28, 29) Her parents supported her in this stand, but Lenae stressed that it was her decision and it was very important to her.

The doctors talked several times with Lenae and her parents. Even so, they came again one afternoon. Lenae said concerning this visit: “I was feeling very weak from all the pain and had been vomiting a lot of blood. They asked me the same questions, only in a different way. I told them again: ‘I don’t want any blood or blood products. I would rather accept death, if necessary, than to break my promise to Jehovah God to do his will.’”

[...]

When alone with her, they told her that she was dying of leukemia and said: “But blood transfusions will prolong your life. If you refuse blood, you will die in a few days.”

“If I take blood,” Lenae asked, “how long will that prolong my life?”

“About three to six months,” they answered.

“What can I do in six months?” she asked.

“You will get strong. You can do many things. You can visit Disney World. You can see many other places.”

Lenae thought a bit, then answered: “I have served Jehovah all my life, 12 years. He has promised me everlasting life in Paradise if I obey him. I will not turn away from him now for six months of life. I want to be faithful until I die. Then I know in his due time he will resurrect me from death and give me everlasting life. Then I will have plenty of time for everything I want to do.”

[...]

Lisa gave testimony. One of the questions put to her was how the forced midnight transfusion made her feel. She explained that it made her feel like a dog being used for an experiment, that she felt she was being raped, and that being a minor made some people think they could do anything to her. She hated seeing someone else’s blood going into her, wondering if she would get AIDS or hepatitis or some other infectious disease from it. And chiefly, she was concerned about what Jehovah would think of her breaking his law against taking someone else’s blood into her body. She said if it ever happened again, she “would fight and kick the IV pole down and rip out the IV no matter how much it would hurt, and poke holes in the blood.”

[...]

Lisa did, indeed, fight her disease with dignity and peace of mind. She died peacefully at home, in the loving arms of her mother and father. In so doing she joined the ranks of many other youthful Witnesses of Jehovah who put God first. As a result, she will, with them, enjoy the fulfillment of Jesus’ promise: “He that loses his life for my sake will find it.”—Matthew 10:39, footnote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit