All of Lisa's faults! (And all of yours, too!)

by LDH 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Well I got the impression from TeeJay that I can come across as supercilious; that I don't think I have any faults. So for the sake of posterity, I am herewithin listing all of my faults (that I know about, LOL).

1. I frequently don't explain my thoughts thoroughly; I'm in a rush and just try to write down what I'm thinking at the moment. This leads to unclear reasoning when others read my words; on more than one occasion, I'll admit.
    2. I'm too quick with the sarcasm. (And I'm waaaaaaay better than I used to be, imagine that)
    3. I sometimes disappear for months on end with no explanation, even though I need to be in touch with people. (SORRY) Believe me, the past six months have been some of the hardest of my life. A lot going on that I can't always share in a public forum. Again, sorry!
    4. I usually root for the underdog. Call it empathy, whatever. I know what it feels like to be odd man out.
    5. My buttons are easily pushed by rude people when in public. Luckily, I have been crazier than the offender and can back people down rather easily, LOL, and send them running wondering What the HELL just happened?!?!? Hopefully I'll be over this stage by the time I meet a rude asshole who carries a Smith and Wesoon.
    6. I suffer from Paradise Complex. Although I was inactive by the time I was 27, it took another three years to realize there was no paradise on the horizon, and I was responsible for a financially secure future. I still struggle with this one, I guess if I had been an adult in 1975 I'm one of those who would've bought a palace while smugly thinking I'd never have to pay for it.
    7. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. (although I don't think of this as a fault, it certain situation it can get me into trouble.)
    8. I'm easily bored and distracted, and need a constant challenge.
    9. I quit being in "subjection" when I left the Hovahs--again, not always a fault but sometimes.
    10. I'm down to 20 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight and DAMMIT it will not come off.

My talents

1. I think on my feet.
    2. I have extreme perception of people, from the first minute I meet them.
    3. Hard work doesn't bother me
    4. I'm OK with not having other people's approval, chalk this up to being an outsider JW kid and NEVER getting approval. Even at the KH, nothing you do is ever enough. So I got over this one really early.
    5. I have the tenacity of a pit-bull; I don't always bite but when I do I can clamp on like a sumbitch.
    6. I'm a great parent and I don't have to hit my kid or scare the shit out of them about dying at Armegeddon to do it.
    7. I am a very good and loyal friend. Trust me, I am someone you would want in your corner.
    8. I'm politically savvy on the job; I know when to open my mouth and when to keep it shut. Partly because of this, I get great opportunities. I manage people with College Degrees, even though I don't have mine completed yet.
    9. I'm a ton of fun to be around; I can be the life of the party without too much effort and I guarantee you will laugh your bum off.
    10. Not too proud to admit I am wrong.

Well, now it's your turn. Why not list some of your faults and strengths? Unless, of course, you don't have any.

Lisa

Strong yet weak, Class

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Top Ten Faults of Vivamus [yeah, this is gonna be fun ]

1: I hold a grudge. Even when I say its okay, it really isn't.

2: I don't communicate enough, see above, I will rarely tell what's bugging me, and therefor give the other person no change of making it okay.

3: I do not forgive. Once you piss me off [which is not easily done], there is no path of return, you will have lost my friendship.

4: I am a quitter, if I don't like it, I'll quit.

5: I wait till the very last minute before I actually do my schoolwork, esp. the writing of papers suffer because of this....

6: I am easily distracted and can easily be talked into doing somthing fun, when in fact I should be studying.

7: I hate cleaning, and therefor rarely do it. Which results in frantic cleaning when guest are expected.

8: I judge quickely, and once I 'judge' a person as someone I do not like, there is no way I will change my mind.

9: I am horrible with money, I spend more than I earn, and really don't understand where its all going.

10: I am spoiled by both my parents, and therefor have little sense of responsibility, they'll save me if I hit rock bottom, and therefor I am totally careless and carefree.

Thank gawd, that part is done, now to the Fun Things of Vivamus

1: I am very kind to others, as long as I like them.

2: I am a great listener, people like talking to me.

3: I am always open to new adventures and weird excursions and in general, fun things.

4: I am a good public speaker and am capable of just winging it in front of my peers and professors..

5: I have a heart for animals, esp dogs. I will adopt two grown dogs cuz they need a new home.

6: My door is always open to my friends and family.

7: I am smart, I write good papers [tho they would be better, should I give it more effort, in stead of doing them last-minute style] and get good grades.

8: I follow my dreams and refuse to let setbacks set me back or turn me from my path.

9: When the situation gets tough, I'll see it through, I do not let my friends or family down, I'll stick by them.

10: Those I love, have priority, when any of those people need me, I'll drop everything for them.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oh geez, here goes:

My faults

1. I'm way too emotional, I let my feelings get hurt way too easy.

2. I'm a bad judge of character when I first meet someone.

3. I'm a bossy wife.

4. I over-plan and over-analyze everything.

5. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my job.

6. I eat way too much and unheathily.

7. I procrastinate.

8. I worry incessantly about everything, all of the time.

9. I back down when I should stand my ground, a big push-over.

10. I sometimes eat food off of the floor .

My qualities

1. I'm a big shoulder that you can cry on whenever you need.

2. I'm an optimist.

3. I'm intelligent.

4. Kids love me!

5. I have a knack for planning.

6. I have no problem saying "I'm sorry" or "I'm wrong"

7. I'm a good listener and offerer of advice. I always feel the need to fix someone's problem when they're hurting.

8. I like to argue. This might sound bad, but when I argue it's civil and meant to help the other person.

9. I LOVE learning new things and going new places. Knowlegde is like a drug to me.

10. I'm open-minded and realize that my way is not the only way and not always the right way.

Lisa-

Rooting for the underdog IS NOT a fault! I feel the same way.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Stinky:

10. I sometimes eat food off of the floor .

No! YUK! LOL.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

lisa..try a no carb diet with a carb load on the weekends...

p.s.....I love you

• LDH
    LDH

Mike,

I'm doing the No-Carb Thing. I have just plateau'd. I think I will have to card load, you are right. I love you, too.

How are you doing? Drop me a line if you want.

Lisa

PS--The rest of you, get with this thread! It's great so far.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Okay, I will git wit dit thread, because it is fascinating:

Faults:

I tend to pest my daughter

I soemtimes talk in a little kiddie type of voice that my wife hates

I get discouraged easily

I don't take criticism well intially, from people in authority (I hated it from elders, even when I was one)

I tend to rush things

I don't think well on my feet - I need time to sort through info

I'm not a very attentive husband

My Good Qualities

I really try to care about others

I really try to listen

I try not to wield any authority I may have in an unkind manner

I am a very easy-going dad and I want to give my daughter only the best of everything

I do many chores around the house and I pick up after myself

I have a good sense of humor, and I can laugh at myself

I play by the rules in life and try never to seek some unfair advantage, financial or otherwise

Lisa, I have to agree w Stinky that rooting for the underdog is not a fault.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Faults

1. I am afraid of spiders
    2. I really do lump all dubs together and I despise all of them
    3. I am cynical
    4. I am very short tempered when people ignore those around them and do/say rude things
    5. I am bad at math
    6. I do not work out enough
    7. I do not trust people
    8. I put off important things until the last minute
    9. I hold a grude....I will say "no problem", however, if it really made me mad, I will not forget
    10. I mentally judge people for their looks

Qualities

1. I am mentally strong
    2. I am positive I can survive no matter what happens
    3. I am open-minded
    4. I try to help others in small ways
    5. I can drive better than everyone I know
    6. I really do like learning now. I take it seriously; when I was a teenager, aramageddon was coming, so it did not matter if I liked/cared about/did well in math
    7. I am a great cook
    8. I can use just about any power tool; if I cannot, I will try. I like doing things around the house (except laundry & lawn work)
    9. I can and will admit I am wrong and will honestly apologize
    10. I have a really good sense of humor; I can and will laugh at myself
  • teejay
    teejay

#1 fault: I procrastinate. So... I'll hafta revisit this thread with my list...

• rocketman
    rocketman

One correction to my post above....I should have said that I am not a very romantic husband. I am not really "inattentive" but I don't do enough in the area of romance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit