I actually feel relieved

by StinkyPantz 25 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

My parents just stopped by to invite my to the memorial. What's the big deal? Well, I haven't talk to my father since I got df'd 2 years ago and I haven't spoken to my mother in 8 months. I decided to get everything off my chest. Like the fact that they acted as if they didn't have a daughter and the fact that the JW's are full of shit (but not in those words). Well, they are hardcore dubs so I was not suprised by their response. They basically said that it was my choice to "leave Jehovah" and that they didn't have a choice but to shun me. To which I said that I'd appreciate it if they don't contact me again unless they want to treat me like their child.

I wouldn't be suprised if I never heard from them again.

• nowisee
    nowisee

i'm really sorry, stinkypantz. no matter what, family is family, and the actions of your parents must hurt. you must be having all kinds of mixed feelings. we're here to support you.

love, nowisee

• berylblue
    berylblue

I'm very sorry for what you had to go through. It must be so difficult at times, but you seem to be really intelligent and you have a lot of common sense.

Rosemarie

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

So sorry to hear of your parents response to your statement. It still shocks me to see this kind of conduct. It shocks me, even though this happened to me about 11 yrs ago and my response to my 2 sisters and 1 brother were much like your's.

My 2 sisters are dead now and I was not even advised of the so called memorial. The lengths people will go to, in order to obey this jw cult is awful, not natural, not christian.

I am sure that you feel some grief over this, but displaying your own disgust and power and respect of self, will bring you some peace and closure. It did for me.

Down the road, your parents may reconsider their actions and this gives you the chance to do the same.

Wishing you all the best that life has to deliver. Damn it, got tears in my eyes.

Outoftheorg

• kls
    kls

I have read youre threads and as a mother of i can say it's their lose.I can see the strongness and intelligence in you.You will be just fine. hug kls

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

((((Stinkypantz))))

I haven't been posting much, but seeing your posting, I had to get on in here and say something.

I can only hope that one day, your parents will be able to shed the blinders that the WTBTS has placed upon their eyes, and see their daughter for who she truly is: a very intelligent, unique and caring individual.

Who knows how long this will take, but somehow at some time, something has to give.

Not having their daughter to speak to or associate with, must deep down, tear them up inside, I know it would me.

Hoping for the best Stinkypantz with regards to your parents. Maybe it'll be your example that helps them to see things more clearly.

Best wishes, from ol'Rayzorblade.

• LDH
    LDH

Stinky,

I can honestly say I know how you feel. I think the saddest thing of all, once this time is gone it will never be back. I picture my parents in their 70's and even 80's waking up and realizing they have thrown away a perfectly good family. If they don't wake up soon, it'd be better for them not to wake up at all. I know that *I* personally couldn't take it if I was 80 and realized I didn't have a normal relationship with ONE of my children thanks to a cult.

I haven't spoken to my mother in over a year (since the Dateline Fiasco). When I do speak to my father, I'm always the one asking, "How is Mom?" Not once in a whole year has she cared whether I'm alive or dead. I'm thinking of cutting the cord entirely because I'm sure it's tearing my dad up. The entire burden of communication is on him.

Thanks, Watchtower, you bunch of jackasses.

Stinky, you will be okay. Here is a big hug to my big-chested no-butt sistah. (((HUG)))

Lisa

• NAPPY ROOTS
    NAPPY ROOTS

Been there...Done that.

I feels real good when you can finally tell them what you actually think. I was DF for about 3 years before I had the nerve to tell them. My parents didn't talk to me for a long time. They have just recently iniated contact again. And they know better than to try and talk me into coming back. I don't feel I have to change or apologize for the person that I am. You stand your position, they will come around .

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

((((((Stinky)))))

I am so very sorry to hear you have to go through this...but I noticed you did title your post relieved, so I can only hope that you hold on to that feeling, because you were the one who was honest in this relationship, and they are the ones who are not even trying...

I am sorry...best wishes for you...

• myself
    myself

(((((((StinkyPantz))))))))))) Sad to hear that you have had to go thru this. I am glad that you feel relieved. It is still a loss though. Another example of conditional love caused by the hands of the WTBS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit