I have come to hate this life in this system

by stephenw20 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

slip>

Excellent point..I could not agree more!

the mental and emotional abuse is out of hand.
    s

• hippikon
    hippikon

Don't want to make light of it but sounds like Fred knew him. I'd go mad too with fred in my ear.

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• crossroads
    crossroads

Fred-fred-fred
    "kids die in wars everyday. Did the society force them to go?"
    Innocent kids watched and wailed while there mothers were
    tortured, raped and killed for the peddeling of the
    "gospel according to the wbts" when it was banned in
    many countries.Tell me oh most knowledgeble one how
    many of those countries banned the real GOSPEL of
    OUR LORD.

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Stephen,
    I remember when this happened, I live not far from Atlanta. I have never read this letter, I am really very sad now. This poor man, he obviously had alot of thoughts in his head before the murders. I just wish people would take the time to listen for the cries of help. I am sure this man gave off many. Thank you for posting this, in a way I am sick of this system of things as well. Sick of peopel not living life to the fullest, so downtrodden with everyday worries they forget to have fun. I know I have had many problems this past month, but I tried to remain upbeat and positive, not only for myself, but my children as well.
    wendy

Fred,
    ((((HUGS)))) You really are a gem, and I admire your steadfast fight against us evil creatures, who dared to enter a religion that hurt us deeply. Or those poor children that had no choice in the matter, but to live their whole life serving an organization only to be told if they stop they lose their family. So I say, "Head up brother you have many more souls and hearts to trample on before you reach Armageddon." Surely you don't want to disappoint Jehovah in your efforts to win us back into the org by the loving comments you make.
    wendy

• JanH
    JanH

Yes, I remember reading the suicide note immediately when the incident happened, and recognized that this letter could only have been written by someone with the beliefs of a JW. Later this was disclosed by the press to be the case.

The most disturbing thing is that what Barton's insane actions actually are a logical consequence of certain JW doctrines. I remember thinking about this when young. I discussed it with other JWs.

In JW teachings, an unbeliever being killed in Armageddon is forever gone. One dying just a few years earlier will be resurrected, and will of course see evidence no conte,porary person can see. A good JW who loves his family and friends, and in particular one who believes in JW doctrines and yet knows he could never follow its rules and practices himself, will recognize that if he kills all of his loved ones and then himself, he will secure them eternal life in happiness at the cost of some few years here. In the crazy world of JWdom, it makes perfect "sense".

Now, most sane people are able to compartementize their belief systems. You can have at least two different and contradictory belief systems at the same time. As a JW living in a contemporary secular state, you are normally able to harmonize living with other people, having a job, planning for the future, and at the same time actually believe that God will slaughter all these people and destroy civilization in the next few years.

However, people with mental disorders may start actually believing the insane doctrines of the JWs, and take them seriously.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Was that the guy who was the day trader and lost a bunch of money that week? I recall that that guy had been studying with the JWs.

Thanks

Eyes

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

I can hear the R &F now...on reading this or being told this...

"my how we need the new systemmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

so who ~exactly~ is the ......one...... with the mental incapacity........

S
    PS..they would see buying th brooklyn bridge as a fantasy...but the brooklyn paradise...........no that is easily bought and paid for.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit