I have come to hate this life in this system

by stephenw20 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

BC News Online provides excerpts of the letter left by Mark Barton in the house where he killed his wife and two young children before murdering nine others in downtown Atlanta.

July 29, 1999

6:38 am

To whom it may concern,

Leigh Ann is in the master bedroom closet under a blanket. I killed her on Tuesday night. I killed Matthew and Mychelle Wednesday night.

There may be similarities between these deaths and the death of my first wife, Deborah Spivey. However, I did not kill her and her mother. There is no reason for me to lie now.

It just seemed to like (sic) a quiet way to kill and a relatively painless way to die. There was little pain. All of them were dead in less than five minutes. I hit them with a hammer ...

I'm so sorry. I wish I didn't. Words cannot tell the agony.

Why did I ? I have been dying since October. To wake up at night so afraid, so terrified that I couldn't be that afraid while awake. It has taken its toll. I have come to hate this life in this system of things. I have come to have no hope.

I killed the children to exchange them for five minutes of pain for a lifetime of pain (sic). I forced myself to do it to keep them from suffering so much later. No mother, no father, no relatives.

The fears of the father are transferred to the son. It was from my father to me, and from me to my son. He had already had it, and now to be left alone, I had to take him with me.

I killed Leigh Ann because she was one of the main reasons for my demise ... I really wished I hadn't killed her now. She really couldn't help it, and I love her so much anyway.

I know that Jehovah will take care of all of them in the next life.

I am sure the details don't matter. There is no excuse. No good reason. I am sure no one will understand. If they could, I wouldn_t want them to. I just write these things to say why.

Please know that I love Leigh Ann, Matthew and Mychelle with all my heart. If Jehovah's willing, I would like to see them all again in the resurrection to have a second chance.

I don't plan to live very much longer, just long enough to kill as many of the people that greedily sought my destruction.

You should kill me if you can.

Mark O Barton

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Stephenw20,

So, what is your point? Do you know Barton was a Baptist when he done it?

• bigboi
    bigboi

It's sad no one recognized this guy's behaviour before all this happpened. If he was studying with the jws (as I've heard) he just put himself into a truly hopeless situation. I doubt if anyone encouraged him to seek professional help.

Peace,

Bigboi

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Fred,
    His idea of" this system" .... is that a baptist teaching...they call god Jehovah now.........?

btw hello asshole!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Stephenw20,

Don't sit on your face to long. Why? Because you might not breathe.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

now fred.

you admitted YOU were the ASSHOLe..and I am just a complete ass.......

I'll live with it............btw fred...........get a good wipe wont ya!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Stephenw20,

You live with it by looking in the mirror everyday to see what kind of low life person you are. Who is your parents? Is it James Penton and Ray Franz?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Let's not loose site that regardless of who the asshole is (fredhall), innocent children died here.

Equally bad in my eyes, is the literally hundreds of thousands of children that are being mentally killed and poisoned everyday by the Society.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey dipshit, kids die in wars everyday. Did the Society force them to go?

• bigboi
    bigboi

Awwww boys come on now! can't you guys just put your differences aside and be friends. Post something nice just once fellas, come on!

Otherwise, y'all need to get with Simon and set up sort of Pay-per-view deal cause this shit is too funny to be seein fo free>

LOL!!!!!!!!

Peace,
    Bigboi

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit