America is Babylon the Great?...What are the consequences to be

by Brummie 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie

This belief is a growing phenomena since 9/11, I did a search on google after someone mentioned on this board that they believe America is BTGreat and it came up with pages in support of this view! This belief is also being pushed by false prophets like Jack Van Imp, he also claimed that Osma was the Anti-Christ shortly after 9/11.

The consequences of pushing this doctrine will cause more fanatics to justify attacks against the USA or promote the belief "They deserve it", how sick. Its not Biblical prophecy its Tabloid prophecy, making world crisis fit into the Bible simply through reading the newspapers and trying to find something that fits. pfft

People who belief this are pretty sick folk, just like those who hate Israel and try to hide their intolerance and hatred behind the "Zionist" slogan...intolerance of USA will be hidden behind the BTG doctrine

Sorry to offend anyone who believes America is BTG but you are pretty sick people, fanatics in need of mental help.

Where is this current religious agenda against USA going to end? By promoting the BTG = USA doctrine you will not only have fanaticle muslims attacking Americans but all sorts of religious freaks and ott cults...

Brummie

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Brummie,
    I've also been hearing that Babylon is America too lately. A lot of the times it's Christian preachers who live in the USA. I just thought to myself........well then why aren't they moving far away. Doesn't the bible say to "Get out of her my people or you will share in her sins" ?? It would be kind of cool if the watchtower would teach that because all the dubs would leave the country! I have no idea really who Babylon the Great is really. I do hope that it isn't America, well Italy is nice......uh oh, no.....they have Rome. Maybe it is' false religion' but that would include the dubbies wouldn't it? Maybe it is the Muslims, buddists and Hindu's/////maybe it isn't a country or a religion. Maybe it is just sin. I have to say that the day when I decided that I didn't have to know everything......that was one of the best days of my life. Heck, it could be Las Vegas...........or Atlantic City.....I can tell you that when and if the day comes when I have that figured out......I'll be either on a plane or on my knees. Right now I'm cool with the psalm that says, "Be still and know that I am God".....boy what a relief because I was thinking that I had to know everything, apparently I don't! Be leary of those who say that they do, eh?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Brummie

When I first got out of the truth lies, I thought that the USA could be BTG too. This was, of course, long before the events of 9/11. I was still, in my mind, worried about Armageddon and the end of the world. I thought that the description in Revelation was pretty accurately describing the USA. But I never took it to the extreme of adding a Zionist conspiracy.

Most of the fanatics that you say will use it to justify attacking the USA aren't christian so I don't think that they will take the Bible seriously. I doubt if speculation about who BTG is will cause non-christians to do anything.

Since I no longer believe most of the Bible, esp Revelations, I look back and realize how silly I was. Please do not think that everybody who at one time believed this is fanatical. Some are just trying to find their way after being brain washed for so many years.

Love ya,

Robby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Um ... isn't babylon in iraq? Doesn't this have any bearing on it at all? Sounds like these bibolists got their heads screwed on backwards again. It makes them look where they have been, instead of where they are going.

SS

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey all thanks for your thoughts, to clarify, what I have noticed in people supporting this view is that they think USA deserved 9/11, the fanatics where saying it is Gods Judgement against BTG! Giving it a religious justification!

Robdar I agree that someone who is thinking USA could be BTG is not necessarily fanatic, they are simply searching for answers. However I am reffering to those who are promoting this as fact. Most countries could fit the description of BTG and therefore to apply it to USA is definately promoting a religious agendaand hatred towards USA.

DJ I like your thoughts, lol, The WTower would never apply the title BTG to America, imagine them teaching that their HQ and literature all proceeds from BTG...

SS I agree, they have their heads screwed on backwards, dangerous folks.

Brummie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

We won't be babylon the great until Iraq is the 52st state.

CZAR

• Robdar
    Robdar

We won't be babylon the great until Iraq is the 52st state.

LMAO at Czar! Too funny, dude.

Love,

Robyn

• JLOB
    JLOB

Great Thread Brummie,

Anyone that thinks the innocent victims of 9/11 deserved what happen is whack. Anyone that thinks 9/11 was a result of GODS judgement against the US is equally deranged. Anyone that believes that anyform of death is justified because of SIN is lost. Leave it to religions to try and explain something that can not understand by refering to a GOD they don't understand.

JLOB of the 'Gimmie a Brake" order

• gumby
    gumby

SS,

Um ... isn't babylon in iraq? Doesn't this have any bearing on it at all? Sounds like these bibolists got their heads screwed on backwards again.

I didn't want you to feel like the only lone bastard on this thread and so I came to help you. I am a bastard also. Hi bastard.

Isn't it nice to realise the bible is what it is, so these life disturbing problems about what this means and that means.........do not mean anything anymore........no whata mean?

If the bible were God's word.....you wouldn't need to wonder who Babylon the great is.....god would have explained it. John supposedly wrote the book to......." show what must shortly take place".

As far as I can tell ...he didn't show anything. He hid it. Thats why people have to WONDER .....who BTG is.

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumby

True enough, buddy.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit