OUTLAW

Harry-Crapper? Is that a bum joke?.....OUTLAW

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi. welcome.

fasten your seatbelt........!

• Harry-Crapper
    Harry-Crapper

Good info Gamaliel, thanks. One of the issues I have is in the Reasoning Book under "Hell." It refers to Mathew 25:46 which states "And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous one into everlasting life." But, if you start at the beginning, 25:41(NWT), it clearly states in what one would believe clearly defines Heaven and Hell (I'm really surprised that this was in the NWT). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could make any point, on any subject, if I were to read only part of the topic. I dont believe that the JW's read the whole verse but only take part(s) to support a viewpoint. Make sense? I have really been trying to find something that makes me feel there "might" be some chance that they are correct but I can't.

Harry C

• Harry-Crapper
    Harry-Crapper

Hey OUTLAW, fuzzy butt was already taken

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!...OUTLAW

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Hi ya Harry!! Welcome to the board!!

My children and I started a bible reading in which we use 4 translations of the bible together….one of those being The New World Translation.

We have found so many differences that we get ticked seeing as we were JW for 15 years!

Some differences have to do with The Beliefs Unique To Jehovah’s Witness and that of course is not right and then others we found were word changes to make you feel like those Christians who are not JW are not your brother. This I found most insidious but then I have to say all Christians tend to be separated by joining Denominations that give them titles other then simply being called Christian. For instance Baptist, catholic, Methodist…etc. This gives each Christian a sense of belonging to something more special then other Christians.

This separating of all those who have faith in The Christ is something that hurts us all.

I hope you and your wife stay far away from The WTBS and that she joins you in your research for Real Truth.

Once again WELCOME!!!

Utopian_Raindrops

• riz
    riz

hi Harry- i just wanted to welcome you on your official first thread

i don't believe in the bible so i can't help you there, but welcome anyway!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Just a quick howdy and welcome to the board, Harry-C

Like you said, anyone can make anything in the bible say anything they want, I gave up with it a long time ago.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome Harry!!!!! I look forward to reading more from you!!!

PFC District Overbeer

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Welcome!

If the Bible is supposed to be an instruction manuel for love, forgiveness, common decency, and how to just be an overall positve force within our community...that's why they had to change the Bible, because JW's are in a whole classs by themselves.

I just posted a rant so don't look for much of anything positive out of me towards them. And pleeeeese, do keep reading and posting. There's a lot to learn about that organization that goes contrary to their words and actions about "love." And we won't even get into common sense.

Again, these type forums are a blessing for anyone who wants the real "truth" about "The Truth."

granny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit