Just got laid off

by ApagaLaLuz 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Guess i wasted my 666th post to let you know this

Well, sadly it's true. Guess I'm now another statistic of the economy. I got half my severence pay today, and the other half in 7-10 days. They simply had to downsize staff. They told me it wasnt a performance issue (thank god, I'd hate to know I performed badly ) But I was the last person hired. A year and a half ago. I should have known better than to start a job where the person with the least senority was 6 years.

And to make matters worse, I've maxed out my posting limit, so I had to edit this post. Maybe it's a sign. I mean I was at my 665th post. I was saving post number 666. Coincedence? I think not :) Thanks guys. i cant post for 2 days. But it doesnt matter.

I'm off the Las Vegas anyway.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I'm so sorry Chev!!

I got laid off myself a few weeks ago...chin up...I found another job, and start it in April...and I am a certified loser...I am sure you will find something new quick enough!

Best of luck, and lots of warm wishes coming your way!!

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Sorry to hear that.

But you will insist on listining to demonic cds, i want you to burn the offending material and call on the name of jehovah.....i have arranged a sheperding call for you tommorow.

G

• riz
    riz

i'm sorry, Chevy. that sucks. i've been there, too.

in my case, i was glad it happened because i was stagnating at my job and i needed to change, but i was making pretty good money so i kept at it even though i hated it. sometimes getting laid off is the kick in the butt that you need to move onto something better.

good luck!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((((((((((Chevy)))))))))))))))))))

XW

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm sorry dear!!! I'm sure you will find something soon!

PFC District Overbeer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I would have been much happier for you if the last word,in the title of your thread,wasn`t there....LOL!...OUTLAW

• Xandria
    Xandria

Sorry to hear that Chevy... sigh why couldn't something with the word laid in it mean something nice.

I hope you find a better job and can look back at this as an stepping stool experience.

Xandria

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

(((((Chevy)))))

Sorry to hear about that. I got laid of too recently. It came as a bit of a shock considering the store I was working for is doing rather well at the moment.

At least I got a nice chunk of redundancy money to go with it.

Ignored One.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I am so sorry Chevy. What happened? Were they cutting back?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit