Just got laid off

by ApagaLaLuz 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz

Guess i wasted my 666th post to let you know this

Well, sadly it's true. Guess I'm now another statistic of the economy. I got half my severence pay today, and the other half in 7-10 days. They simply had to downsize staff. They told me it wasnt a performance issue (thank god, I'd hate to know I performed badly ) But I was the last person hired. A year and a half ago. I should have known better than to start a job where the person with the least senority was 6 years.

And to make matters worse, I've maxed out my posting limit, so I had to edit this post. Maybe it's a sign. I mean I was at my 665th post. I was saving post number 666. Coincedence? I think not :) Thanks guys. i cant post for 2 days. But it doesnt matter.

I'm off the Las Vegas anyway.

• joannadandy

I'm so sorry Chev!!

I got laid off myself a few weeks ago...chin up...I found another job, and start it in April...and I am a certified loser...I am sure you will find something new quick enough!

Best of luck, and lots of warm wishes coming your way!!

Sorry to hear that.

But you will insist on listining to demonic cds, i want you to burn the offending material and call on the name of jehovah.....i have arranged a sheperding call for you tommorow.

• riz

i'm sorry, Chevy. that sucks. i've been there, too.

in my case, i was glad it happened because i was stagnating at my job and i needed to change, but i was making pretty good money so i kept at it even though i hated it. sometimes getting laid off is the kick in the butt that you need to move onto something better.

good luck!

• xenawarrior

• pr_capone

I'm sorry dear!!! I'm sure you will find something soon!

PFC District Overbeer

I would have been much happier for you if the last word,in the title of your thread,wasn`t there....LOL!...OUTLAW

• Xandria

Sorry to hear that Chevy... sigh why couldn't something with the word laid in it mean something nice.

I hope you find a better job and can look back at this as an stepping stool experience.

• ignored_one

Sorry to hear about that. I got laid of too recently. It came as a bit of a shock considering the store I was working for is doing rather well at the moment.

At least I got a nice chunk of redundancy money to go with it.

Ignored One.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I am so sorry Chevy. What happened? Were they cutting back?

Share this