New blood cards came to our hall today

by LevelThePlayingField 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

At the end of the meeting an elder, by way of announcements said there is a new blood document that he said would be passed out to every baptized member of the congregation by way of their service group overseer. I knew this day was coming, just had no idea of when. He said it was a simplified version and sure to make you sign up for suicide. No, not really, but he did say it was a simplified version though.

He said for all to get it signed as soon as possible and get a copy to your doctor, your power of attorney person and the, yep, congregation secretary. So, I'm sure this is coming to a congregation near you soon, that is if you still attend.

• JRK
    JRK

Some differ by state law. My state does not have it being a Power of Attorrney. See what the title of yours is.

JK

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi LTPF

The elders need to be careful they do not pressure people into signing the advance decision. The law here in the UK says that the advance decision is only valid if you have filled it in of your own accord/voluntarily without undue influence or pressure from anyone.

The only thing the elders can say is that there are advance decisions available within the KH. If they pressure people by going up to them directly asking if they have filled them in or asking for a copy, this may deem the document invalid by the medical profession.

Note: I am surprised they still hand them out in some places. They don't do that here. You have to go to the book room to collect one. This is likely due to the laws around advance decisions.

• Wayward
    Wayward
    I like the UK's approach to the blood card. When I was in, it was an annual thing for everyone to be given their new cards and fill them out that night in full view of everyone. If you didn't, you'd have dozens of eyes watching and dozens of people asking why you didn't fill your card out. Definitely a coercive situation. I wonder how many people in similar circumstances signed when they really didn't want to.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What does the law state about under age people being told to sign? Many are baptised but under 18

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    crazyguy: What does the law state about under age people being told to sign? Many are baptised but under 18

Contracts or documents signed by minors are not legally binding

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was a kid, I heard a brother making a talk in which he said that JW were persecuted in a certain area. The only way they could identify each other was through their "blood card". So, if there was sudden persecution or a great tribulation and you didn't have your blood card, other JW would not help you.

But hey... no pressure right?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He said it was a simplified version and sure to make you sign up for suicide.

http://www.johnstrange.com/edm310mwffall2006/Newell/jw.jpg

Image result for suicide squad logo

Image result for Jehovah's Witness no blood card..Image result for creepy graveyard

• OrphanCrow
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Under 18' s come under ward of court in a number of countries such as the UK. However, depending on the strictness and rigidity of the parents who view blood transfusions like the plague, they may well indoctrinate their own children to do what they can to refuse blood. There have been some cases where juveniles have stood their ground in their refusal to take blood, only to lose their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit