Where Does Watchtower Doctrine Contradict Scripture?

by Vanderhoven7 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi EP,

Do you have a relationship with Michael the archangel?

If so, can you describe it for me?

Let's stick with Michael for the time being, shall we?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"relationship (noun) - the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected."

Yes, all of our lives are connected in a way with Michael the archangel.

I agree, we should stick to him.🥰

"Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.” As the voice spoke, Jesus was found alone." (Luke 9:35,36)

"...the head, to the one through whom the whole body is supplied and harmoniously joined together by means of its joints and ligaments and made to grow with the growth that is from God." (Colossians 2:19)

"A man who loves his wife loves himself, for no man ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cherishes it, just as the Christ does the congregation, because we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and he will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh.” This sacred secret is great. Now I am speaking about Christ and the congregation." (Ephesians 5:28-32)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

So you are connected with Michael? What does that mean?

I am asking about your personal interaction with him? Do you speak to him daily? Do you praise him? Do address him and share your thoughts and burdens with Him?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Why are you asking? Do you now believe that Jesus is Michael too?

If you don't believe that Jesus is Michael, then why are you asking? If Jesus isn't Michael, then there is no need for you to ask me how to show proskyneo to him.

That showing Michael proskyneo is scriptural even Joshua wrote about:

"When Joshua was near Jerʹi·cho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua walked up to him and asked: “Are you on our side or on the side of our adversaries?” To this he said: “No, but I have come as prince of Jehovah’s army.” With that Joshua fell with his face to the ground and prostrated himself and said to him: “What does my lord have to say to his servant?” The prince of Jehovah’s army replied to Joshua: “Remove your sandals from your feet, because the place where you are standing is holy.” At once Joshua did so." (Joshua 5:13-15)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@EP

I am asking to find out if you have a biblically normative relationship with Jesus Christ...because I don't think that is possible if Jesus is merely an angelic being.

But prove me wrong.

Can you describe your personal interaction with Michael? Do you speak to him daily? Do you praise him? Do address him and share your thoughts and burdens with Him?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The scriptures make clear that Jesus isn't "merely an angelic being". The scriptures also make clear that an archangel isn't merely an angel.🙂

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@EP,

Interesting.

If Michael is not merely an angelic being, what is he? And what personal interaction can Christians legitimately have with this being?

For example, could you proskyneo Michael with this hymn?

https://youtu.be/FJGJ1PT-wgo

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    For example, could you proskyneo Michael with this hymn?

Yes! That was lovely!🥰

(It looks like the video isn't showing up now, but it was Tommy Walker, "My Jesus, I Love Thee")

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Great 👍

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

🥰

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit