Update re: Father's Touch

by morrisamb 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Good news: The London Arts Council just today awarded a grant for the short film based on Father's Touch/First Chapter ( http://www.londonarts.org/2003_grant_rec.asp )

Community Arts Investment Program, Cat. 2
    2003 Grant Recipients

Phat Puppy Productions$5,000To interpret, on film and to an original piece of music, the first chapter of the book, 'Father's Touch' by Canadian Donald D'Haene
  • Swan
    Swan

That is good news! Congrats Donald.

• Valis
    Valis

Wow Donald!!...that's great man!!... I hope all goes well and that it isn't too hard on you. I would imagine it could bring up old feelings you have tried so hard to reconcile. Otherwise kick some ass and make a great film! ..take care and do stay in touch.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

That's WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations, Donald.

Nina

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Great news man! Congrats!

PFC District Overbeer

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Wow, good stuff man. Congrats......you've put so much into it, and will be albe to reach that many more people. Nice.

ash

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Donald is doing so much to help get the word out. Thanks big guy.

hawk

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thank you one and all for your support!

The other news I have is that the W Network has made their Family Secrets Documentary series into 2 seasons so our episode won't air until the fall...but that is good...with the war on, who would watch it?

Anyways this delay reminded me of what everyone went through when Dateline NBC delayed (I think if I remember) the JW show...

But I think it's a good thing...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Fantastic news morrisamb. Are you going to have anything to do with the film, i.e. production, directing, acting? Is the film going to be a documentary or a docu-drama type of film?

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks Chris...I wrote the concept and I will be playing myself. It is a short film without vocals, made up of images in my book. My mother, father and partner will be played by actors as well as a young version of myself. I wanted my partner to play himself but he said, NO WAY!

It should be really cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit