Saying Goodbye and The Celestine Prophecy

by safe4kids 67 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hey Dana,

Isn't life-long learning great? I'm proud of you for being who you are. It has been way too long since I've seen you. I am looking forward to seeing you at the Int'l Apostofest in April.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

Doug

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Sorry to take so long to respond! Please forgive me, one of my other addictions had me tied up a bit

((((((((Becky))))))),

Thank you so much for responding and letting me know that you could relate. I think about the many times I've read something here that touched me but that I didn't respond to due to lack of time, energy, whatever the case might have been, so I want you to know that I really do appreciate your taking the time (as well as everyone else who responded here , except possibly for Sixy j/k) to share your thoughts.

It's nice knowing that a book like that can do wonders for your internal being--which is what all of us need after the borg

Yes! I totally agree, altho when I first left, I would not have been able to appreciate the insights and messages the book offers. Each path is so uniquely individual, hey? Part of the joy, I think

Hey Doug ,

Yep, yep, yep to everything you said I miss you, too, Bro, and am very excited at the thought of the fest...I REALLY can't wait for you to meet Joy and Jst...I think you'll have some wonderful conversations with them (and take some of the heat off of me in the process...heheheheh). Countin' down the days...

Dana

Edited to add: Robyn, I haven't read the others yet, altho I intend to. I've got to reread the first, tho, because I really want to absorb as much as I can...let me know if you enjoy the sequels, hey?

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Dana,

I have to admit, it took me a looooong time to finally open and read that book! I think a part of me knew it would have some kind of profound effect on me, and so I guess I was a little afraid of it. But oh how relieved I felt after it--knowing it's fiction, but very real in other ways.

What else do you like to read? Is there anything else that has affected you like The Celestine Prophecy? I am an avid reader, (which I'm sure drives my boyfriend crazy at times) and have finally drifted from a pretty solo "fiction" diet. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Becky

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

HIyas again Becky ,

I understand that feeling of avoiding things b/c we may not wanna know what effect they're gonna have! As for reading in general, I'm a bookworm too and generally read fiction (lots and LOTS of fiction!) but two books that stand out in my mind that affected me are Mankind's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl and Succulent Wild Women by Sark. Two completely different themes, but both had positive impacts on me.

Dana

• Valis
    Valis
    Succulent Wild Women

ummm.....where are they and how much do they cost?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Succulent Is Salient" class

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Vassal,

Why, EVERYONE knows that the Succulent Wild Women are in Florida! But if you have to ask how much Venice and I cost, ya can't afford us

Dana

• Xena
    Xena
    EVERYONE knows that the Succulent Wild Women are in Florida

hhhmmm I USED to live in Florida....does that count????

• Valis
    Valis

um safe4most Venice already cost me an eardrum...must you Floridians squeeze more of my payload... um... pay from me? BTW, I'm sure I could afford time w/both of you ...I miss Vennies...we had a great time when last she was here.

Xena...yes that counts......eheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Xena,

It helps, yes, that you used to live in Florida...but for you, my dear, it isn't a necessary requirement! EVERYONE also knows that you are succulent and wild

Valet,

Payload or pay???? Which is it, man?! Coz the two are vastly different eheh yerself Yes, Venice is great good fun and uh, sorry to hear about that eardrum thing...just remember, EAR PLUGS and you'll be aight.

Dana

• Latte
    Latte

{{{{{{Dana}}}}}}

Reading is so theraputic isn't it? Prior to leaving the borg. I barely ever read a book...no time to read! There are so many uplifting, thought provoking books out there.....I will def. give this book a read.

Glad that you are feeling so good.

Love to you and all your lovely family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit