JW's And Their Education Level

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• Someguywhocares
    Someguywhocares

(Note: This may not appear to be 'the right place' for this post or that it is not topical - and I won't make a habit of this, but the case is easily made that it is indeed topical due to the following: The details of this update are actually highlighting a *personally* common issue that was caused by my first ever major work injury, an injury that occurred because of the *type* of job I was working; acceptance of this job - and physical form of work - was necessitated by my lack of ANY type of certification, degree or education post-high school graduation & that, as we know, is something that I did not receive (actually, in my case, 'accept') because 'c'mon people the end of this system is nearly here! Do not waste precious kingdom effort hours on something fleeting and passing away...'...ummmm...thanks 👍)

----

So, Sylvia and everyone else, I hope are well!

Sylvia, thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, due to the traumatic brain injury that I suffered in 2006, everything that used to work for me or that serves as a common home remedy for insomnia (or any of my conditions) are no longer of help by 'things such as these', tea, melatonin, Tylenol, etc.

Even ZzzzQuil is loosing its efficacy now 💔

But, guess what Sylvia?!?!?!?!?

I managed to get 75 minutes of sleep & almost FOUR FULL HOURS of some serious, high quality, cognitive ability impacting, circadian rhythm loving, synapse charging, alpha wave toying, serotonin soaking, norepinephrine massaging, neuron repairing, basal ganglia refreshing, full body & brain restorating blissful moments last night as I just lay there, in bed, trying so hard to not wake my girlfriend, staring at the 'black', at the ceiling...as I said, *Bliss*.

**I am out of bed but I would not say I am 'awake' yet so - to be safe - I am tagging this post as:

#Sarcasm

#ItsMySecondLanguage

#LiveItLoveItBreatheIt

#BoyInsomniaSucks

#Sigh

#IsItWrongToMainLineTheCoffeeStraightIntoAVein

#SleepWhyHaveThouForsakenMe

----

Naturally, during the aforementioned bliss, I am simultaneously praying that the cat does not realize I am awake yet & start the incessant crying beg for food at 3:50AM...and laying there - mentally riveted by another installment episode of 'The Days of My Life As the World Turns towards a General Hospital visit but that's my Dynasty as the most Young and Restless of All His Children so perhaps I should move to Dallas, Santa Barbara, Sunset Beach, Beverly Hills 90210 with the Bold & the Beautiful where my Guiding Light is The Search For Tomorrow in my One Life To Live but fearful of losing The Doctors for Passions of Another World not one of The Haves and The Have Nots'...

...Tonight's Episode: I miss my healthy body & where would I live today after earning my Doctorate & MBA from MIT because I had accepted the offer that sweet September day on campus when I (For Real) listened to AND SHOOK HANDS with John Nash AND Stephen 'Holy $h!t' Hawking...

---

That's always a fun way for one to spend ones night of insomnia rather than sleeping.

---

Well, that 3rd cup of coffee is hitting me, I'll check in later!

How's everyone else?

Lol

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Someguywhocares:

Well, that 3rd cup of coffee is hitting me, I'll check in later!

How's everyone else? -- Someguywhocares

I'm all right, thanks, and wishing better health -- somehow -- for you. Your ability to wax both so eloquently and profusely on your phone amazes me! I hunt and peck on my laptop to produce my scant verse, such as you see here.

I relate to much of what you have written, having posted early on about my having quit college to become an avid and productive Witness.

All in the past . . .

Best Wishes.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4920629134360576/jws-their-education-level

• snowbird
    snowbird

Now, SGWC, you've got me howling!

You, my man, are one funny dude.

I'm getting ready to watch the Crimson Tide show its stuff.

2:00 pm on ESPN.

Sylvia

• Someguywhocares
    Someguywhocares

Compound Complex, nice to meet you!

I appreciate greatly the platitudes which you sent my way, very kind of you. However, I'd like to reply to the 'hunt and peck' reference by saying 'meh, that's no big deal my friend'.

Any apparent success in 'Touchscreen Typing' that you, or others, may see is merely the empirical evidence of 2 different 'proverbs' (perhaps it's actually from the amalgamation of the 2 into one, I'm not sure enough except to say I am not sure...)

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" and/or "The key to mastery over any subjective attempt is repetition" which, when combined, I personally read it as: "Practice Makes Perfect"; and that is the only reason I have the ability that you referenced regarding my phone. Trust me, I still make mistakes, end up with typos or grammatical errors I always try so hard to avoid that and to at least go back to correct if I can

I am a major perfectionist, OCD person (Why do you think I was so popular in the congregation & the one doing all the work? Because everyone said "well, he is the best so give it to him and since he is a perfectionist, even if he 'half-asses it' he will still do better than anyone else...AND...if we dump it all of on this 17 year old kid, then we don't have to take ANY responsibilities at all! We can essentially be elders but in NAME ONLY!". That is also how they saw it as wise and prudent to have me - at 17 years old & since I was an Asst CBSO - take part in sheparding visits to those in my Book Study...first assignment? A married couple, with two kids, that - as of 10 months earlier - were officially 'living' on opposite ends of the house, sleeping apart, eating apart (each parent taking one kid), driving to meetsings apart, always requesting that one spouse & one kid be placed in a different car group in the ministry, etc. etc. etc.; yup, that my first Sheparding Assignment...) Sorry, tangential story

The way I look at things is: imagine if I was still in the business world and interviewing for an EVP COO position, so I say:

"Well sir, thank you for this opportunity to interview as a candidate for the EVP & COO position. In response to your primary question, I actually did not 'forget to list' my College Education on my resume; I actually did not attend any secondary - or beyond - education.

However, I think you'll be pleased to know that last year I spent nearly 1000 hours knocking on people's doors unexpectedly so as to preach, teach and discuss matters of a biblical nature as well as to disseminate religious & bible based literature to those I met, as well as their families, so that they could come to an accurate knowledge of God, Jesus Christ their King, Redeemer & Savior and exactly what, why and how they can benefit - and be saved - from Gods Soveriegn Justice during the Great War of Armageddon when God shall destroy everyone & everything on this earth that does not have the very knowledge that I was giving them for free at that very moment and in the comfort of their own home!!

So, while I did not attend college, you no doubt can discern how blessed a gift is this knowledge that I spent 1000 hours delivering to them, doing my part to save them on the impending judgement day that we are so very, extremely, close to seeing arrive;

I don't know the exact day, no one does, only God himself and not even Jesus knows. What we do know is that it's going to take place and take place imminently! Who knows, sudden destruction may befall YOU ALL on your way home from work tonight!

So, you no doubt agree by now that the work I was engaged was of such intrinsic urgency that there was no time for college sir; I spent 1000 hours last year and I STILL did not get the chance to unexpectedly arrive at your doorstep to bring salavation to you, your wife & your kids.

But, don't worry, as soon as I'm hired and on-board with the firm I will immediately get to work - on every lunch/coffee break, walking down the hall and/or just any moment I can use to do so - to educate everyone here - to save you all through the good news of god's kingdom & the information disseminated to us by the faith & discreet slave - on the crucial need for them to accept the word of God into their hearts, that is a PROMISE!"

"I'm sorry sir, would please repeat that?"

"Oh, you're saying that it's not 'wife' but, rather, it's 'you, your husband & your adopted children'? I see, I apologize.

The good news is that my cell phone typing is the best you ever have, and ever will see, in your entire life! Just wait until later tonight, when I get home I will text message you a few article for you to read - along with some of my own comments - which will demonstrate my typing ability on a cell phone and - much more crucially important - you'll really appreciate these articles; they cover, in amazing detail, how God hates homosexuals and - just like he destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah for being gay - how, at Armageddon, he will once again ensure the destruction of every homosexual person (man or woman) for the way they chose to live such an abhorrent & vile lifestyle against God's wishes.

...and, Sir, here is the best part, through these articles and other life saving information that I'll provide you, you will quickly see that - while God hates homosexuality - he does give all homosexuals the opportunity for salvation rather than God killing you all! Upon reading these you will be so pleased to see that any homosexual who stops being homosexual and begins a chaste & Christian lifestyle while demonstrating the works of your faith, that homosexual will be saved! If any homosexual does not change their chosen sexual activity then destruction is theirs

is that great news for you!?"

----

So, I don't think being a good cell phone matters much; it's not exactly a delineating superlative quality I feel that the above example proves that, despite my cell phone typing skill and working it into the interview, I'm not going to get that job...

----

LMAO That was fun. Hahaha

• Someguywhocares
    Someguywhocares

Sylvia, glad I made you laugh!

Otherwise, I have only one thing to say to you..

Rammer Jammer, Yellowhammer

Give 'em hell, Alabama!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Roll, Tide, Roll!

I hate saying that.

Usually I root for Auburn, but, alas, there seems no cause as of now.

Way back in '71, I was accepted at the U of A, but didn't get to go,

So, I have a teeny bit of affinity for the school.

Plus, Julio Jones made us all proud.

I'm really honored to interact with you; I daresay I believe we could split a watermelon together.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Someguywhocares:

You have given me much to chew on whilst I go mow my lawn.

I am, I believe from what I scanned, twice your age, yet see myself in all that you have described as to proclivities, personality, academia, etc. The Golden Boy image -- as perceived by others and bought into by oneself -- tarnishes and leaves Dutiful Dan in both emotional and physical tatters. It happened to me when serving as a missionary/Bethelite in my early, vulnerable 20s.

Well, enough for now. The growing grass calls with urgency.

Later, newly arrived and most welcome youngster . . .

• Someguywhocares
    Someguywhocares

Hey Sylvia, same here. That would be nice some day.

Its funny, when I sent that message about 'Bama I said to myself 'if she asks, I'll be honest that I respect Alabama but I don't necessarily actively root for them unless they are playing the teams and/coaches on my NCAA Sh!t List (i.e. Tenn., LSU, Gators, Lane Kiffen...and...the root of the current problem for me...NICK SMURFING SABAN)!"

Plus, it is almost impossible to NOT become a fan of Auburn after see Bo go through.

• Someguywhocares
    Someguywhocares

Compound Complex...well, if your statement about our respective ages is correct, then you'll most likely get a chuckle out of this whereas most people my age would never understand it...

As I read your last reply, I had to re-read a certain sentace two or three times...

the sentence in reference is where you used the term 'Doutiful Dan'. For some reason, each time I read it, my brain was registering it as 'Dapper Dan' lol.

Now, as I said, if I was speaking with someone my age - hell, even a little bit (but not much) older than me - they would have absolutely no comprehension of what Dapper Dan is & would probably think I was having a stroke rather than speaking English.

But the the same holds true if I were to say things like:

Imogene Coca

Carey Grant

Robert Shaw

John Derek

Gene Rayburn

Bela Lugosi

OR...

If I tried to explain to them that the narrator to Michael Jackson's Thriller was not some guy but was a Hollywood ICON in Vincent Price.

If I tried to tell them that 'that old dude who played Obi Wan Kenobi wasn't just some 'scrub' guy they got on the street corner, they'd look at me like I had four heads if I just said 'Sir Alec Guinness'.

If I said to them Frank Gorshin they'd think I was speaking in tongues and not know that they have seen him in countless shows & films, starting with the Original 'Riddler' alongside Adam West & Burt Ward as TVs Batman & Robin.

They'd be amazingly lost if I asked who Burgess Meredith was & said "You can't say 'Micky Goldmill' from Rocky!"

And...the coup de grace...would be in their distorted facial expressions upon hearing me say: "Calgon, Take Me Away!!!!"

---

I truly weep for my generation, not to mention each one forthcoming; it is scary just how rapidly we are losing, not just the segments or clusters of data themselves but, even more frightening is watching as we lose the mental faculties to even know where to learn this stuff which thus further diminishes whatever value said knowledge or data once had.

"Possessing a keen wit, a sharp eye & a thoroughly nourished brain proves hollow sucker for a man amongst a generation bereft of not only the knowledge but also capabilities and desire to attain it." - Someguywhocares

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit