My Story "Act 2"

by MarkofCane 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Markofcane

You did not hit a nerve at all. I think your post is wonderfully honest. You are discovering a ton of information at once. It's tough at first. It is overwhelming.

This organization is a all or nothing organization. If you can't give your all, you are not worthy. You can NEVER do enough.

Know that we are all here for you and keep writing, it is great therapy.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    LoveUniHateExams

No this was just a sick joke the guys at the literature counter shared in. I didn't make it up one of the other guys did, but became a running joke. We were douche bags.

MC
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

HI Alive

Your response touched me. Your right this is a male corporate structure set up just to control. I'm sorry for the way they treated you and your family they did the same to me, they always said you need to do this you need to do that, always more do more never able to fill that endless void. So, I shrunk down my business and simplified my life was on track to possible elder. That all changed when I learned the real truth. Now I spend my time Building my business and spending as much time as possible with my family. They get so confused when they see you prosper and things are going well there self imposed prophecy of your demise implodes in there minds, you can see it in there eyes.

MC

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

MOC

Chuck had a bubbly wife. Was known to be compassionate with elders (and others) who had to juggle families with cong. responsibilities. I give him credit for doing the CO and DO thing after raising a family. Being indoctrinated doesn't help much in the final outcome, even if you have some fine qualities. If you have to take sides, it won't be the right one in that situation.

• besty
    besty

Hi Mark - thanks for sharing with us. Although the theme is depressingly familiar, your particular screenplay is well written!

How to get your wife out is a topic all of its own...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Great couple of posts Mark. Thanks for taking the time to write your story down.

• Alive!
    Alive!

The walking dead.....

Yes, funny but I've heard that expression re spiritually weak or inactive.

There was an abundance of 'in-house' jokes of a callous and cynical nature.

Another one I heard was when referring to fellow non- witness diners by a career pioneer who was highly respected - 'look at them all - scoffers in the past days'.

All these things over the years kept drilling into me, worms of discomfort in my gut.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit