Give Examples Of How The Witnesses Are Controlling

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Excellent Comments, here!!!..........Even, when the Society "suggests" you do something, they're not really telling you that you must....HA!

• jgnat
    jgnat

One of my pet peeves about the WT articles is that they all include instructions on how to feel. i.e.

• Why should occasional disappointments not discourage us? p. 22 WT Jan 1, 2003
    • Rather than slacken the hand, what attitude should we cultivate? p. 22 WT Jan 1, 2003
    • What does faith do for us, and what should be our determination? p. 20, WT Jan 15, 2003
    • What should be our attitude towards study, and what benefits can we derive from this important activity? p. 15 WT Sept 15, 2002
    • What three requirements of discipleship mentioned in the Gospel of John are you determined to meet? p. 23 WT February 1, 2003
    • How can we show that we truly want to obey Shiloh? p. 22 WT October 1, 2002
    • How do you feel about Jehovah's provisions for our spiritual well-being? p. 15 WT December 15, 2002
    • What should be our motive in our pursuit of the knowledge of God? p. 16 WT December 1, 2002
    • What should we remember and be determined to do? p. 19 WT November 15, 2002

Keep in mind that the answers to these questions are not open-ended, as Minimus's are. The correct answers are already provided.

• minimus
    minimus

And if we don't do what we're told to do, it's because we have a bad heart. We're rebellious, disillusioned and unfaithful to Jehovah. It's never the organization's fault. The fault is always our own. We are the ones that misinterpet Bible prophecies, NEVER the Society....HA, again!

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I really did not appreciate the elder who told me which people could not participate in my own wedding. Last time I remembered it was my wedding right? By the way I wised up and called the whole engagement and wedding thing off. He was a wus without a spine. What was I thinking? It scares me to think what my life what have been like now if I had married him.

• minimus
    minimus

There's a list that's included in a letter to the elders of all the things that the elder marrying a couple is supposed to find out. EVERY thing on your wedding day is supposed to be dissected by the elder and elder body if the KH is being used. I wouldn't be surprised if a new letter is out , that the elders must review to find out what practices can be performed on the wedding night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit