Beth Sarim

I have 5 of David A. Reed books;

'Behind the Watchtower Curtain'

'Index of Watchtower Errors'

'Worse than Waco'

'Jehovah's Witnesses Answered Subject by Subject'

and

'Jehovah's Witnesses Answered Verse by Verse'

And with 2 more of his books enroute to me next month.

Does anyone know if he still does his ''Comments from the Friends'' or does he still do podcast interviews.

I must say David A Reed books are highly instrumental to waking-up. Might add also Ron Rhodes book 'Reasoning From the Scriptures With Jehovah's Witnesses'(Rhodes was never JW).

The Reed books along with Rhodes are probably as instrumental as Raymond Franz' ''Crisis of Conscience''.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Are you wanting to sell these books Beth Sarim or asking for a contribution ?or do you want to give them away to anybody who is interested ?

just asking.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sorry. I guess I should have entitled the thread differently. I was just asking and relating if anyone here has read any of David A Reed's books.

I was just relating my experience of reading David Reed and Ron Rhodes books over the last few months.

Those books are now in my collection.

Just to clear up any misunderstanding, here, thanks.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Shucks ,i thought I might be getting a bargain here .

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I quite liked Reeds stuff especially Comments from the Friends, not read nothing by him in many years though

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They are a bit old-fashioned, evangelical and proof-text focussed, with a dash of Waco style anti-cult hysteria mixed in. Many who leave JWs these days tend to miss out the evangelical phase of their transition. And anti JW books these days tend to focus of social issues of abuse, shunning and blood, rather than doctrines and chronology and so on.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I have all of those, and many more. I keep my collection in a bin in my closet. The container is full

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

No. Sounds interesting, but I’m never heard of him. I’m Probably too recent a “waker” for him if he’s been around a while. What is the name of his podcast please?

I think people are being a little dismissive of them as evangelical books as they forget this kinds stuff is very useful for talking to dubs about in the early stages of their waking when most still deeply believe in the Judeo Christian god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit