Why don't you do anything?

by WireRider 59 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freemindfade
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Mind control is the answer as others have pointed. There are many JWs out there who don't really understand what they believe in and those are even harder to show the truth. I am noticing for example, that the hispanic JWs are more indoctrinated than the English ones. Just last night in our book study the question was asked "Who is the FD&S?". Two sisters answered "all of the anointed" and the elder conducting the study commended them for their good answer and never corrected them. Finally one of the other elders probably could not stand this inaccuracy and raised his hand to clarify that since 2013 the FD&S is the GB.

The more dramatic the attack, the more they will attach to their belief and loyalty. Is how mind control works and that is why is such a powerful tool. The mass exodus could be a great idea but it could get out of hand if we don't take the right approach.

There is also a bunch of those who faded for other reasons but they have no idea about TTATT. There is quite a few in my family. They don't attend meeting, they celebrate Christmas and birthdays and all of that. Yet, they keep posting the daily text to facebook and refuse to take a surgery because of the risk of a blood transfusion.

• talesin
    talesin

WireRider

Yes, I have, I do, and I also have worked for years with youth at risk and people who live with MI (Mental Illness).

It's great to see a web surfer like yourself, making a post to this forum. I celebrate you for supporting us, and hell to the yeah!

I love to see / read folk who are here to SUPPORT, and not tear down.

Your user name reads "geek" in a great way ,,,,,,,,,, kinda like majorgeeks ..... you are reaching out to help. Much love and light to you!

xx

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    STA - The more dramatic the attack, the more they will attach to their belief and loyalty. Is how mind control works and that is why is such a powerful tool.

I would add that the education piece is big also. I think uneducated people are generally easier to fool and control. They also have fewer prospects outside the special group.

Like I heard Rush Limbaugh say once: You have to be a little smart to know you're stupid.

Well the typical JW isn't even that smart. :(

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

Although it may sound right, mass exodus wouldn't work because in my opinion people believe what they want to believe not the truth, so would be hard to "impose" truth (even if REAL truth) upon those that REFUSE it or are not ready to leave. If enforced , most people , out of fear /solitude or whatever would just join another cult.

Regarding uniting all sites under one only or even under a "leader" would be the quickest way to dismantle this whole effort , since these types of organizations are easily corrupted, and soon , you find that the "leader" is changing his tune / trying to impose "his" truth, etc. Could be otherwise , I doubt it .

For me , way things are going is the way to go. The more sites exposing the truth , more INDEPENDENT vehicle's of information exist.

Although I have profound respect for you for having researched in to these issues in order to have an informed opinion , and because you are here proposing solutions, I disagree that "we" don't do anything" , based on the "1000 s" sites and content available today, that did NOT exist when I needed.

The first step is informing ppl , what many are doing today , but surely more can be done to pressure government to END TAX EXCEPTION for ex.

Kudos for proposing solutions , for is what we can do all

Take Care

• WireRider
    WireRider

I still see a lot of "fake" "I don't want to be here" people. I wish those that want out could just walk out. It is ridiculous for any "church" to practice radicalized religion. To say if you leave they have the right to cut you off from any contact with your family and friends.

I understand there are those that are really in - and should be allowed to do their thing. But all those just not in, should be allowed to leave without threats by a church.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But all those just not in, should be allowed to leave without threats by a church.

Totally agree, it infringes upon people's rights and freedom of choice, as well incites hatred and prejudice..

• WireRider
    WireRider

If the WT dropped their policy of religious terrorism - to "disfellowship" for not following their rules and threats to cut people off from family and friends by threatening to cut them off if they do not shun - how many people would just walk out and never go back?

The Church I grew up in had an open door, welcoming policy. You are invited at any time. You can leave at any time if it's not your thing. Leave for while - come back any time your want. Even it's just on the holidays - good to see you again. Come in jeans and a tee-shirt - glad you could join us. We were happy to see people. Donate - don't donate - it's up to you. No mothership - the money doesn't go to Brooklyn - it is used to help the community and some outreach for missionaries - it doesn't go into any pockets or any luxuries for a select few - it goes to support this Church and help the needy and the local community. Where does WT money go?

WTF is this timecard and shunning thing? I guess I just don't get a cult that has such rules to control people and force them to stay where they don't want to be. What is that? It is herding cattle to control them. That is not a religion.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Again WireRider, yes it IS a religion and a Christian one at that. I'm not defending JW doctrine by any means just challenging your repeated attempts to rewrite definitions to suit your own blinkered view of reality.
  • WireRider
    WireRider

At least 30% would get up and walk out if there were no bad personal consequences - most of those under 40 who had to grow up in it. Is that how you rack up claims of total attending members? Threats and intimidation?

Prove it. Stop the shunning and threats.

I thought Russell promised that if he ever had to ask for money - his work did not have God's blessing - he would stop and close everything. Guess what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit