Commentaries perrleez.

by philo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Dark Clouds, here's a little quote to go along with your thought.1926 [The distance from the Societies printing press in Scranton, Pa to
    the bethel offices in Brooklyn, NY, using a ferry, with a Railway Guide (extract included) to prove the distance from Lackawanna station in Scranton to Hoboken Terminal in New Jersey, is the "exact distance"
    referred to in the Bible at Revelation 14:20 "And the winepress was
    trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto
    the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs']
    (TFIM 230 1926 ed}

Venice

• riz
    riz

Francoise,

Note to JW's: Turn with me to Deut.18:20-22, and read along as I describe false prophet. Obey? You people can get a 100 yard head start and take a flying leap right up my ass.

Oh, my dear Francoise, you have done it once again. Your mental pictures have caused me to nearly spew my vodka and grapefruit juice through my nose. And for those not experienced in this area, VODKA BURNS.

Your mental images are classic. Please keep them coming, and I will remember to not take a sip while reading your posts.

riz

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Obedience is GOOD. Trust me.....it's very, very good. (RHW smiles slyly while tapping her tall leather boot with her riding crop).

• TR
    TR

The WT comment "moronized":

Today, de "innerior rooms" habe t' do wid the, duh uhh, tens of dousands of congregashuns of Dgehobah's peoble around the, uh, the world. Such congregashuns are a proteckion eben now, uh uh uh uh uh uh, a place whehe Christians find safety among deir brodehs, duuhhhh, undeh de lobigg care of the, uh, eldehs. (Isa 32:1,2; Heb 10:24,25) Dis is especial true in biew of de nearness of the, uh, end of dis syssem of diggs when surbibal will depend on obediess. Zeph 2:3.

TR

• riz
    riz

TR,

ROTFLMAO!

Oh my god this is turning out to be one of the funniest threads ever. The beginning paragraph is such wishful thinking and nowhere near reality; it's begging to be ridiculed.

riz

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

• philo
    philo

WT Study conductor closing the meeting:

Excellent comments everyone, very build-up-ting. Thanks young Bro. Philo for reading there. He is very… young isn't he? <Lost in a Reverie> Such privileges to one so - young. A fine young dewdrop on the fresh-cut grass, as it were.

hrr, hrr. Anyway, I will just mention in passing, that we discourage brothers reading the Watchtower with one hand in the pocket. But it's OK really, I only noticed on paragraph 18 as you read about the strong sword, leviathan, and the gliding serpent. No…I know…it could happen to anyone. It's good to really lose yourself in the Watchtower sometimes.

But time is pressing. And we should wind up this meeting. My concluding comment?

How wonderful it is, brothers, that there are special places, refuges, interior rooms, set aside for the spiritually inexperienced. They can really learn how to be obedient under the loving care of the elders. Yes tucked right underneath, <Descriptive Gesture>, where it's warm and safe.

Shall we stand now, and sing song number 244: "Let's render one another!"

Thank you

• philo
    philo

<description of the song>

A pair of dipped bifocals
    Mark the starting of the song
    A two-stroke engine labours
    Coughing notes upon the throng
    The wooden rhymes grind onward
    There's a 'must' in every verse
    And the faithful raise their voices high