Commentaries perrleez.

by philo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• philo
    philo

Below is a paragraph from March 1st, 2001 Watchtower. As has been well said by Homer Simpson, "it works on so many levels." Comments anybody?

Today, the "interior rooms" have to do with the tens of thousands of congregations of Jehovah's people around the world. Such congregations are a protection even now, a place where Christians find safety among their brothers, under the loving care of the elders. (Isa 32:1,2; Heb 10:24,25) This is especially true in view of the nearness of the end of this system of things when survival will depend on obedience. Zeph 2:3.

Philo

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, HHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAH ohhh man thanks for the laugh I needed that BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

"Saftey under the HAHHAHAHAH Loving HAHAHAHAHA care of the ELDERS" OHAHAHAHAHAHAH OHHH your too much really!!!

WHOOOOO!
    Venice

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Does it ever stop??

god, makes my stomach turn.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• waiting
    waiting
    This is especially true in view of the nearness of the end of this system of things when survival will depend on obedience. Zeph 2:3.

I thought good people who loved God were supposed to survive? Obedience is finer than love. Obedience is fine than goodness. Obedience is fine than acts of love.

Zeph 2:3 NWT "seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's anger."

Obedience is not said here. "Seek righteousness, seek meekness" are what we're supposed to be doing.

The WTBTS writers are reaching - and it's obvious. But I'll bet that the R&F commenters said that "those who practiced his own judicial decisions are the ones who are obeying." And promptly forgot about the meekness and righteousness.

waiting

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

anyone ever notice how close the WT printing press is to the brooklyn bridge?

coincidence, i dont think so!!!

• sf
    sf

Absolute ditto on your post Venice...bwahhhhhhhhhroflolo

And also Slip's post...ditto.

scally

• terraly
    terraly
    Zeph 2:3 NWT "seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's anger."

Probably! Bah!

One of the WT's favorite passages to scare Witnesses into line, and one that shows that they have not understood anything about the Bible. I think the message of the New Testament is pretty clear, that "concealment from Jehoavah's anger" cannot be achieved simply by seeking righteousness and meekness, but only by believing in Jesus.

And yet they apply the "probably" to everyone's relationship with God- it's always such a conditional, you-could-lose-it-all-at-any-moment-especially-if-you-say-bless-you-after-someone-sneezes type relationship.

Fear, uncertainty, doubt. Maybe they should join forces with Microsoft [8>]

• Englishman
    Englishman

Philo,

Well, of course umm, obedience is ummm, better than ummmmm, hmmmm ah! I know, I know! Obedience is better than undeserved loving kindness from the elders? No? OK, obedience is er.. er.., better than sex, no that can't be right or I'd be obedient all the time, Hmmm, Ah, yes, that's it, obedience is better than a barbecued chicken!

Now whereabouts in Revelation can I find something about barbecued chicken?

Miss Millie.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough
    Such congregations are a protection even now, a place where Christians find safety among their brothers, under the loving care of the elders

A place of safety???? I've heard people say that "if you lock a bunch of JWs together in a room for indefinite, it won't be long before they kill each other".

That used to really bother me when I was a member. How scary a thought is that!

Had Enough (of their professings of love)

• Francois
    Francois

"Have to do with..."??

What the hell does that mean? That's not what I'd call a really clear definition of relationship. "Have to do with..."?? That could mean anything.

Y'know, I've been around the witnesses since way back in the mid-fifties, and if I've heard once about how rapidly we're approaching the big enchillada - where the God of Universes is going to swoop down and murder off 99.9998% of his erring, but ignorant, children on this planet because they don't hold with the bullshit of the Jay-Dubs, I've heard it a zillion billion times. These people are masters at constantly finding new people who've never heard them cry wolf.

Obey? They want obedience?

Note to JWs: Turn with me to Deut. 18:20-22, and read along as I describe false prophet. Obey? You people can get a 100 yard head start and take a flying leap right up my ass.

Obey?

Right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit