Was looking at my childhood book "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" I found something interesting.

by Still Totally ADD 44 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I think My Book of Bible Stories came out when I was in first grade. So, yeah, that was the "family study" book when I was 5 years old.

I remember those pictures.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Still Totally ADD,

What kind of people think up this shit?

The Freddy Franz's of this world. He ghost wrote many of the publications of that era.

I also remember the statement about people having their eyes and tongues waste away because they didn't believe in 1914. I think it was located a page or two from the pretty pictures.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I remember when I was 12 years old I was home alone on a Saturday morning watching cartoons when a small earthquake hit our area in central IL. I thought I was going to die like those kids in the book. I hate that book for the memories I am having now. Still Totally ADD

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Image result for paradise book armageddon

I was 7 years old . I remember the dog and the doll falling into the abyss

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

greenhornet - I remember that picture so well, as well as the others that predict doom and gloom, great pictures to plant in the memory of children's heads.

• blondie
    blondie

That's me, my dog, and my doll dropping into the crevasse, followed by my bike.

• zeb
    zeb

what the geo plate position under the new wt bolt hole in NY state?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Upon closer inspection I see we are wrong. That is not a little girl with a doll! Notice how it is a matter of perspective. That is another girl/woman down below her. She is not holding the hand of the girl/ supposed dolly, below. Notice also how the "little girl" has breasts. I fear we are all mistaken.

• waton
    waton

perfect timing for this topic with the start of the wt weakly bible reading of Jeremiah, the doomsday prophet. makes you weak and weep.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Upon closer inspection I see we are wrong. That is not a little girl with a doll! Notice how it is a matter of perspective. That is another girl/woman down below her. She is not holding the hand of the girl/ supposed dolly, below. Notice also how the "little girl" has breasts. I fear we are all mistaken.

Phew - that's alright then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit