Should the 'other sheep' partake? An 'alien resident' parallel

by artful 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• artful
    artful

As many are aware, the WTS teaches that the 'other sheep' are not in the New Covenant, and should not partake of the body and blood of Christ. In support of their 'two classes' doctrine, the WTS also likes to parallel these 'other sheep' to the 'alien residents' who joined with the nation of Israel.

However, an investigation of the 'alien residents' without the assistance of the WTS, reveals some interesting facts that could be paralleled to the 'other sheep'.

Enjoy, and as always, I appreciate any comments.

Cheers
    Artful

Who partook of the manna? Answer: The 'alien residents' Numbers 11
    4 The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat! 5 We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost-also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. 6 But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!"

Who drank from the rock-mass? Answer: The 'alien residents' 1 Corinthians 10
    1For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3They all ate the same spiritual food 4and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Who partook of the Passover? Answer: The 'alien residents' Exodus 12
    48 "An alien living among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat
    of it. 49 The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

Who were under the Law Covenant? Answer: The 'alien residents' Exodus 12
    49 The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

What did the manna represent? Answer: Christ's body. John 6:58
    This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."

What did the water from the rock-mass symbolize? Answer: Christ's blood. 1 Corinthians 10
    3They all ate the same spiritual food 4and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

What did the Passover foreshadow? Answer: The Lord's Evening Meal and Jesus sacrifice. 1 Corinthians 5:7
    Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast–as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

What did the Law Covenant foreshadow? Answer: The New Covenant. Hebrews 8:13
    By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

3. participated in the Passover - which foreshadowed Jesus sacrifice and the Lord's Evening Meal, and,
    4. were under the Law Covenant,
    then the 'other sheep' should; 1. partake of Jesus' body, 2. partake of Jesus' blood, 3. participate in the Lord's Evening Meal, and, 4. be part of the New Covenant.

• manon
    manon

The Lord's Supper (Matthew 26:26-29)

"Take and eat; this is my body." "Drink from it, all of you. This is the blood of the covenant, which is poured out for the many for the forgiveness of sins.

• nowisee
    nowisee

i struggled with this issue for a long time. i finally realized that the command to partake applies to me too. i have been partaking since february '03.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Artful, those are wonderful parallels, and so true. Your study is so much more meaningful than the pablum I am reading right now on page 13, WT February 15, 2003.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Free wine is free wine..

Huxley

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent point, Huxley. We should no wise scorn a gift freely given. Let's help inflate those anointed numbers!

• gumby
    gumby

Artful,

Take 10 or 20 people who have never read the bible before and have them read the N.T. and ask them a question before they start. Ask them....see if you all can find out who it is that will be in heaven with Jesus?"

What do you think those 20 would say? Would they say........"well there 2 groups as far as I can see....one who will live on the earth forever, and one who will live in heaven forever."

No person in their right mind would conclude the latter as common sense would tell you. This was purely an invention of an alcoholic named Joekissmyfatass Rutherford when he couldn't figure out what to do when his followers grew past the allowed limit for heavenbound followers.

Gumby

• artful
    artful

Nowisee: Due to the WTS propaganda that I swallowed for so many years, I too struggled with this issue. That's great to hear you have realized the invitation to partake applies to everyone.
    jgnat: Thanks for your kind words! I too find the nonsense in the current WT study articles to be absolute 'pabulum' and completely unsupported by scripture.
    Huxley: I'm with you on that one! Due to the insipid colour of the wine that they had been passing around every April, my wife took it upon herself to supply the wine at the 'Memorial' during the previous two years. However, after our studies together over the past year or so, she will not be offering this year!
    Gumby: You are bang on with your assessment! I had an in depth discussion with one of my wife's friends from the hall (and her unbelieving husband) early last year, and her husband made exactly the same comment. There is no way that anyone (in their right mind - as you say) would come up with a 'two classes' theory simply by reading of the NT.
    Cheers
    Artful

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby: You are bang on with your assessment

Thank you.......do I get a blender or a toaster too? Farkel claims he gets these things if he gets stuff correct. I want a blender!

Gumby

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

thank you artful; i filed this thread and will try to print it. i have been having a field day with the body and blood with jw's the last few weeks. spring weather is good.!!! i set up a dozen jw's a few days ago in a park named , get this . mount eden park 173 street bx n.y.c . well we talked and i got them to say they follow only the bible and all of it. then i got them to read jn chap 6 40-70 well the shit started flying when i asked if they were going to follow jesus' word to eat the body and blood . all of a sudden they don;t follow the bible!!!! they said i was argueing, i said how is that, i'm quoting the words of jesus. it is you who are arguing that jesus is lying from the bible. well it didn't take them long to follow jn 6; 66 and walk away. as i told them they would when they heard the inspired words of jesus... i worked hard on a 20 something sister as why she was not having a job etc. that was my day and i will add your verses to my work this week . for the extra seeds . thank you ....john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit