Proof of Predation 750 000 000 Years Ago

by cofty 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Paleontologists have discovered the cause of small holes that have frequently been observed in ancient eukaryote fossils. Please check out the source even if you only look at the amazing picture...

They were being sucked dry by other predatory species.

Forget about a "fall" from a Disneyesque utopia. Creatures have been consuming each other since the very beginning of life.

Reality is far more exciting than fantasy. Read more here...

Man, her last work, who seem’d so fair,

Such splendid purpose in his eyes,

Who roll’d the psalm to wintry skies,

Who built him fanes of fruitless prayer,

Who trusted God was love indeed

And love Creation’s final law–

Tho’ Nature, red in tooth and claw

With ravine, shriek’d against his creed– Alfred Tennyson

• Magnum
    Magnum

The teaching that animals didn't kill each other before the rebellion in the Garden of Eden was probably the biggest issue that I had to put on the back burner when I became a JW. There was just too much evidence. I just couldn't perceive how the biosphere could have functioned without predation and why there was so much of it if it was not originally meant to be.

I wondered not only about the offense, but the defense. If there was originally no predation, why are there so many defensive mechanisms?

I remember asking the person who studied with me: "So spiders didn't kill flies before the rebellion in the Garden of Eden. If not, what were their webs for and why do they have venom?"

• cofty
    cofty
    "So spiders didn't kill flies before the rebellion in the Garden of Eden. If not, what were their webs for?"

That is the sort of question that can destroy a fundies faith.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hal Flemings got an answer for that. He says, if you read the Bible closely, all animals were herbivorous only between the creation of Adam and the flood. (c. 4000 to 2500 C.E.) Before and after that all bets are off.

Did you know there are 40 kinds of cats? I love cats. I love every kind of cat. Where did they come from?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".- Shakespeare.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

750,000,000 years?

Are they sure it wasn't 755,000,000 years?

• Heaven
    Heaven
    From my studies of the natural world, I came to the realization that death IS a necessity for life on this planet. Everything alive must feed which means something else alive must die. Without death there would be no life on Earth. Humans are not separate from this process. We are a part of it.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Esse quam videri:

"750,000,000 years?"

"Are they sure it wasn't 755,000,000 years?"

Those dates, probably based on potassium/argon dating, are ball park figures plus or minus 10% or thereabouts.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It is just fascinating how the study of science, space and the cosmos just blows everything away what the JWs teach.
  • TD
    TD

He says, if you read the Bible closely, all animals were herbivorous only between the creation of Adam and the flood. (c. 4000 to 2500 C.E.) Before and after that all bets are off.

--Still a direct repudiation of their own creationist arguments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit