Opposing war = passive support?

by expatbrit 62 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThiChi,

Very simplistic nonsense......but it fits you.

This is a personal attack and of course diminishes the credibility of your arguments, such as they are! Incidentally, have you read the guidelines for this site? You are in violation of a Simon Resolution...lol

Who would have known that this Devil was so tricky?

Remember that was the question that you asked? Nothing simplistic in my answer, most of the information within provided by Henry Kissinger in his book 'Diplomacy', another book that you would do well to read for its piercing insights on US Foreign Policy this past century.

As to the book that you suggest that I read, which seems to deal with Media ethics and not Foreign policy, well as it is not 'on topic' or 'apropos' in the least. I think I will give it a miss this time, the reason being that it has little if anything to do with the subject at hand. I will evidence this by quoting the following regarding this book:

Intended for courses in media ethics in departments of mass communication and journalism. This course is usually offered at the junior or senior levels and is a required course for journalism majors. This text's strength is its extensive use of case studies throughout each chapter. Accessible writing style and coherency between chapters allow for coverage of advanced topics such as morally offensive content and media and privacy. Twenty-one new cases studies, including: "Crisis Management on the Web and the Framing of Truth" (a PR case); "Vow of Silence" (the issue of truth in docudramas); "Smallpox As a Weapon of Mass Destruction" (the public's right to know versus national security); "A PR Challenge: Fraud in a University's Basketball Program" (academic fraud); "DNA Testing: A Journalist's Call for Justice" (Should news organizations pay for testing if it leads to justice?); "Online Ads for AIDS Drugs and the Promotion of Unsafe Sex"; "Video Games and the Promotion of Incivility"; "Diversity in the PR Workplace: Race and Social Justice"; "Framing the Gay and Lesbian Issue for the Public Square" (exemplifies the difficulties with stereotypes).

I would be very pleased if you might inform the readers as to what this book might have to do with Foreign Policy, the US guilt in arming the 'Devil' and overseas Intelligence Agencies and finally whether opposing the war in Iraq equates with passive support of Saddam Hussein.

Many thanks - HS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Geopolitically, It was in our best interest at the time since we just experienced the hostage crises in Iran.....

I hadn't even read the rest of your post (I swear) when I formulated this thought on the above sentence: "that has to be one of the most simplistic, ill concieved statements ever posted on this board."

• Grunt
    Grunt

I would love to see every dictator taken down. I would like to see Zimbabwe free and its children healthy, I would like to see AIDS conquered and all evil done away with. I would like to see racial harmony. Heck, I would like to see a Paradise Earth with nothing but love between humans through eternity. Maybe that is why I fell for the Cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses. Sadly, that won't happen. The reason I SUPPORT this war in Iraq is because we were attacked. We were attacked by Moslem fanatics financed by rich Moslem people that hated us. Saddam hates us. He is rich. He's Moslem, or claims to be. He is an enemy who has fought us before. He has murals painted of the twin towers being hit by the scumbags that cut up the airline stewardesses, lied to the passengers and killed a bunch of secretaries and accountants, burning them to death or making them have to leap to their death from tall buildings which later collapsed on other innocent people. The ones who did this deserved to die. They did. I'm glad. I hope these get what they deserve. A good toasting or a long jump, or maybe just a bright flash and they don't get to hear the bang. While I don't like everything about the way this war is being fought,(they should have waited for the 4th Division) I don't have a doubt in the world as to the outcome in regards to the government of Iraq. It will fall. That is not in question. How many will die first is in question. If the maggots on those planes had only known how many of their kind they were taking down, they might have thought twice. On the other hand, they have helped a lot of brothers get their virgins. I will say that the world is a whole lot better off for their passing. Afghanistan owes them big time. So will Iraq. Maybe the greater good was served somehow. I doubt it. I hope every brave Moslem Warrior that wants to shoot prisoners between the eyes while they are tied, or torture some woman on an airplane, or kill an American, rushes right on in to Iraq and joins up. Like roaches, they need to be stomped. Some good people have already died there, the more of them we help along the path they have chosen the better I feel about the loss. I can't tell you how much I wish I were there helping get the job done. As for Iraq. Whether they are smart enough to get a good representative government or whether they fall back into another repressive government is up to them. Just like Zimbabwe. Grunt

• Harry-Crapper
    Harry-Crapper

GOOD TOPIC, just one question though....What's the difference between Slobodan Milosevic and Saddam Hussein?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

HS:

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

HS:

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

HS:

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Yes?....lol

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

HS:

I regret if you are offended. I was giving a short observation on your style of argument in this case, IMHO. Poor choice of words? Maybe “Your style is….” Would be better than “….it fits you.” However, my viewpoint of your style of argumentation is not a personal attack.

My book recommendation was on topic. You were responding to my comment regarding a news story (?) that was full of half truths. I stand by my recommendation as on topic! (don’t worry, no offence).

Six of Nine:

Hit and run…..I have yet to read a coherent exploration of your views when commenting on my viewpoints. So, if you do not understand the geopolitical dynamics of why and how the

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol...I am off for a jog and brunch ThiChi - but I will read your post later.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit