The fate of all of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Half banana 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

I have just posted elsewhere that there is no destiny for a JW other than to be deluded or disappointed, perhaps deluded or disillusioned would be a better expression. There is no such thing as Armageddon, no such thing as everlasting life, paradise is a mirage of wish fulfillment.

A friend of mine who is nominally a JW but who does not believe a word of it, told me about the dying words of another friend's father. This man had been a lifelong stalwart JW and reared an exemplary JW dynasty but as he died he told his super zealous son that it (the JW religion) has got it all wrong.

Ok, it's a social club for the majority of witnesses and an identity for those without self worth or clear goals in life, they will swallow the inconsistencies and Biblical absurdities because it is in their community interests to conform. Forget the lack of logic; an identity and friends are more important.

At the end of our own lives we might look back over what we did; who is going to say that the best thing they ever did was to join the JW org? Surely the only beneficiaries of the cult are its leaders?

Is it true then that the only destiny of all JWs is either delusion or disillusionment?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most of them do, and will, go to their graves in a deluded state.

Disillusionment comes to a few, but if it comes late in life, it can be hard to deal with. Some cannot deal with it, so push it aside and carry on as JW's.

You are right, there is only the two outcomes if one remains a JW.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think failure and disappointment is a bargain, given that the alternative is damnation. What they are really working toward is a world where everyone is microchipped and enslaved. People work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, and get barely enough to survive on (and barely at that). There is no happiness or joy at all. Simple pleasures such as looking at the stars is reserved for "the chosen". (Which are the few that actually rule.) You get ridiculously high quotas and can be shot for failure to meet them. Living spaces are cramped, while 99% of the land is left empty for no good reason. There is still heavy pollution, since technology to prevent it is suppressed. People are lucky to live beyond 50 miserable years, and that is with every sort of medication (enforced) imaginable.

You want a world like that? Just keep studying that LIE-ble, keep believing in it and trying to abide by that natural-law-thwarting rubbish, just keep focusing on the illusory world within that book (a land that few live in, and a time that even fewer live in), just keep donating your psychic energy to joke-hova, and you will be working toward the day where you are forced to get a microchip implant. You will be working toward forced 18 hour days, 7 days a week without holidays. You will be working toward getting forced to get every shot (which will be dangerous, and will determine who gets to live and who doesn't) possible, You will be working toward having insane quotas and the death penalty if you do not fulfill them. Joke-hova intends that for the earth, and will then follow up by destroying all happiness and freedom in the whole universe. Eventually, it will be all barren--and the parasite joke-hova, after consuming its host entirely, will also croak. Nothing will remain alive.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Being a witness simply fills the void in the lives of many. It gives them a sense of purpose and community belonging.

Im sure there are many that harbour doubts secretly about the actual doctrines....

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The fate of all JWs, as is the fate of all - is death.

The only question is how do you spend the time between now and when we die. I think it is ridiculous to spend the limited time we have following a cult. But that is just me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The fate of all of Jehovah's Witnesses

Image result for Spooky graveyard

• steve2
    steve2

Religiously committed JWs - in contrast to the "social" ones - are no different from religiously committed adherents of all other faiths.

In that regards, JWs deserve no more concern, condemnation,disquiet than any other group.

To be religious is to be deluded anyway. It's just that JWs live a more constrained and self-righteous lifestyle in which they, like others in high-control groups, exude a haughty air of knowing better than everyone else.

In this kind of setting, there is a strong urge to burst their little precious bubbles of sanctimony.

• steve2
    steve2

To be a religious is to be deluded, anyway. Deathbeds bring us face-to-face with our humanness. We have nothing to fall back on, whether JW or non-JW.

JWs would not be the only ones who, near death, wonder what it's all been about.

To wake from one's delusions is to be human. That's the problem when you've spent your lifetime believing questions of life and death can be tidily answered in pamphlet-sized religious advertisements.

Life is more complex, chaotic and ambiguous than our "Gods" pronounce it is.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

you are right, there is no heaven, no hell, no abyss, no new world, no paradise,no new heavens or a new earth no cataclysmic events that will see the end of this world as we know it, nothing, we/they will all eventually die in some way or another, at least I wont die heartbroken,skint,angry,bitter,hateful or disappointed , what a prospect awaits them

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    There is no such thing as Armageddon, no such thing as everlasting life, paradise is a mirage of wish fulfillment.

There's really no way of ascertaining this. Based on what's been prophesied and what is happening in Israel and Turkey (Magog), and the resurgence of the move to create a new Caliphate, I can see the winds shifting in fulfillment of Armageddon (Ezekiel 38-39). Islamic eschatology dictates a decisive move on Jerusalem, as the prophets have foretold. But you're correct that the JW idea of Armageddon is a myth. The GB has completely misread the prophecies.

A friend of mine who is nominally a JW but who does not believe a word of it, told me about the dying words of another friend's father. This man had been a lifelong stalwart JW and reared an exemplary JW dynasty but as he died he told his super zealous son that it (the JW religion) has got it all wrong.

As for everlasting life and paradise, they've also misinterpreted that. Origen, one of the greatest Christian scholars wrote: "After death, I think the saints go to Paradise, a place of learning or school of the spirits, in which everything they did on Earth would be made clear to them." Many near death experiences seem to sustain this, but how would anyone at death's door know one way or the other what they're facing? They would have to go and come back to know that.

The JWs believe the Greeks introduced the concept that men have spirits, but ancient Christian books like the Shepherd of Hermas completely dispel this, as do scholars like Origen and countless others. Rather than just accept it as new light and move on, they stick with their Adventist roots, which are completely wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit