GB asks every JW to give Putin their home address

by MrHappy 37 Replies latest social current

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MR HAPPY:

My opinion about letter writing campaigns is that they seem rather childish to me - like kids sending letters to Santa in the North Pole!

But, if gullible Witnesses want to waste their time and postage let them.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This just shows the naivety of the GB (or whoever ordered this).

Putin isn't like 'normal' Western politicians.

He's a complete bastard.

I certainly wouldn't want him having my personal details or home address.

Nevertheless, why do I feel like letting out a loud, drawn-out laugh?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Every JW is using the jw library app.

So governments can trace and track them everywere.

G.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

8.000.000 Letters and stamps.

Let say - 0,7 Euro for 1 letter.

5.600.000 Euro for this campaign.

Would Jesus waste all this money for this campaign?

Or would he instruct his disciples to feed the poor and hungry?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

JW's being instructed to write letters to Putin is to say that Jehovah can't handle this matter on his own.

On top of that, they are advertising this campaign on their website so I'm sure the Russian Government will be alerted to this and will not see these letters as a spontaneous and embarrassing public outcry. Instead they could see this as further proof that they are dealing with a calculating and subversive organization.

• minimus
    minimus

I would sign off by stating my return address is (the least favorite elder in your KH)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This whole campaign is STUPID on so many levels!

1) If the letters are what will "talk sense" into a dictator like Putin, then is Jehovah too impotent to solve it on his own??

2) NOTHING scream CULT more that an orchestrated campaign by the GB to coax all witnesses into acting as their agents!

3) Do they actually think anyone from Putin's office will read these letters??

• Scully
    Scully

I would NOT put my own address on a letter written to a dictator.

Instead, I would put the official address of the WTBTS serving the country the letter originated from.

Let's watch what happens when Putin paints bull's-eyes on all of the WT branches in the world.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I can see why the Governing Body members would be afraid to deal with Putin directly themselves. A Polonium 210 cocktail didn't sit well with Alexander Litvinenko. Imagine the effect it would have on Mark Sanderson. It would probably wipe the smirk right off his face.

• zeb
    zeb

"...the bastards are up to something.." (the gb I mean)

Giving your details might be ok for the gb or jw in the US. What of those in Europe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit