Are We Running Out Of Subjects?

by Guest 77 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Did the subject of 'war' take the sting out of this forum? Gee, have we run out of subjects to talk about? I've been involved with town politics for a few years now, yeah, there's never a boring moment when it comes to poltics. As a concerned citizen, I have openly expressed and written my views, thus, I'm known for stirring the pot. Interestingly, I have come to know and meet many types of people. Has anyone engaged in similiar activities? So, if your bored with life, step in the ring of politics. How about theocratic politics?

Guest 77

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm glad we have a free-discussion forum such as this where we can vent our views on what concerns us. At the moment, the world's major concern is the American/British military action in Iraq. It's something everyone is affected by one way or another.

Town politics is interesting, and important. How your local municipality taxes you and serves you should be important to people in each community. However, for an international discussion board like this, it doesn't have the same interest or appeal as a discussion about an international event/controversy does.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Running out of subjects? Only if you have run out of "steam". Whilst ever we're "here" there is the possibility of not "running out". In short, we can always disprove it by what we contribute.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Not while minimus keeps posting his one-liners!

• gumby
    gumby

Are we running out of subjects?

I don't think so but I would like to see a little more...."deep dub stuff".

I feel with so many new ones who have missed so much of the past history and are still confused that,

....... it's time for Farkel and Alan F to write some more good stuff or at least post some archives from time to time.Some of my most important challenges of life have been addressed by these two and have influenced me greatly. There too much fluffy shit and not enough grub!

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, I'm sure I can be of assistance if called upon to help in this area.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ask not what JWD can do for you, but rather what you can do for the board!

Ozzie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Shakespear had Julius Caesar say, "There is a tide in the affairs of men..."

Ebb and Flow; the war has taken much of our attention and energy. Soon enough there will be news enough from Planet Dub. For example, the Christian Longo trial is now in the defense phase, and we also anticipate a finding from the Canadian Court in the JW abuse trial that concluded last year.

Meanwhile, in the Northern hemisphere, it is spring. Enjoy the beautiful days as they unfold.

Rust never sleeps.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I agree with Gumby:

I would like to see a little more...."deep dub stuff".

I still have issues that I'm sure have been addressed in the past that I'd like to see discussed again. I still have this dream of making my family see the proverbial light, but I'd like as much input as possible before I attempt do so. The other day AlanF posted a few thoughts on the FDS that I enjoyed, I'd like to see more of that.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Thanks for your comments. I was interested in learning what others have been doing. Our local politics is not really local, but national, as it involves groups of people and the government.

SP, what 'deep' dub stuff did you have in mind?

I'm personally surprise that the O'Reilly Factor never covered the JW pedophile scandal. I remember two fellows challenging the 'no spin' O'Reilly about the so-called Vince Foster suicide. O'Reilly said in a magazine that some subjects are best left alone. Hmmm, no spin.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit