GB member dies

by Roddy 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Okay, this information is finally available on the official media website. He died last Saturday, the memorial service is next Monday in case any of you are planning to attend. LOL

• blondie
    blondie

For Immediate Release/Obituary
    March 27, 2003

Milton Henschel dies at 82

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK—Milton G. Henschel, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, died Saturday at the age of 82.

Born August 9, 1920, Milton Henschel relocated to Brooklyn, New York, as a teenager in 1934 when his father, Herman George Henschel, moved to the area to work on construction projects in the printeries and residence building for Jehovah's Witnesses. Later, Milton Henschel himself became a full-time member of the organization’s headquarters staff. In 1947 he began serving in an administrative capacity. He became a member of the Governing Body in 1976.

Over the years Milton Henschel filled various administrative capacities for the international organization headquarters. He traveled extensively to countries around the globe, inaugurating branch facilities, overseeing the Christian ministry, and engaging in Bible instruction. His travels took him to five continents and to various island nations and territories.

Milton Henschel's friends and associates will long remember the man of tall stature as a gentle man with vast experience to share but never one to impose.

A memorial service will be held Monday, March 31, at the Brooklyn Heights Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. Milton Henschel is survived by his wife, Lucille, and by his brother, Warren.

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/global/english/releases/events/030327.htm

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

How interesting that the official press release of Henschel's death doesn't even mention his having been the fifth president of the WTS. I wonder how Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz would have felt had that fact been left out of their obits?

• sf
    sf

Indeed NM:

http://www.rulers.org/relig.html :

Jehovah's Witnesses

1872 International Bible Students Association 1884 Zion's Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society 1896 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society 1931 Jehovah's Witnesses Presidents 1872 - 31 Oct 1916 Charles Taze Russell (b. 1852 - d. 1916) 6 Jan 1917 - 8 Jan 1942 Joseph Franklin Rutherford (b. 1869 - d. 1942) 13 Jan 1942 - 8 Jun 1977 Nathan Homer Knorr (b. 1905 - d. 1977) 22 Jun 1977 - 22 Dec 1992 Frederick W. Franz (b. 1893 - d. 1992) 30 Dec 1992 - 7 Oct 2000 Milton G. Henschel (b. 1920 - d. 2003) 7 Oct 2000 - Don Adams (b. 1925?)
  • Prisca
    Prisca
    When one has been away for a few days.....then they return..... they do not always review the past post before they join in again. Drink your coffee before posting ya crabby old thing

I don't drink coffee, you moron!! (just kidding gumby )

Don't know about you, but if I had heard something like this, I would come to this board and read thru at least a day's worth of threads, to see if anyone else had mentioned it. When this thread was originally posted, Randy's thread was on the next page (going backwards in Active Topics). So there wasn't much need for another thread to be started, when a few minutes' research would have revealed all that Roddy needed to know (I'm not attacking Roddy here, just surprised when more logical routes aren't taken)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I never thought I would see the day that Don Adams would be President of a worldwide organisation of Evil - and its not called KAOS.....

Pope

• gumby
    gumby
    Don't know about you, but if I had heard something like this, I would come to this board and read thru at least a day's worth of threads, to see if anyone else had mentioned it

I agree. I have made an ass out myself so many times here.......but I think I'm showing progress.

(I didn't mean you made an ass out yourself either roddy)

Gumby

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I have made an ass out myself so many times here

You're in good company, then, with Judge Rutherford and Freddy Franz!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit