When you see yourself in the mirror.....................

by Jesika 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

do you see what others see? Does the image of yourself change depending on what mood you may be in??

The reason I ask is because some days, I really like the way I look or what I see. Then other days, I am fat, my nose is just HUGE, and my skin looks like crap!!!

I am just wondering if .....................

1--you see what others see or you don't see the same?

2--if you see yourself different sometimes and don't know why ?

3--do you think your mood makes any difference to the way you see yourself?

4--if you could change something about you what would it be?

In answer to # 4 I would change my physical fitness. I want to be more in shape and loose the xtra 10lbs I gained since I quit stripping. I want to be more tone, not pencil skinny.

Anyone?????????

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

#3 Depends on the mood

#4 Let's see it would be I wish I was as fit as before I got sick, I am very out of shape

• berylblue
    berylblue

I don't doubt that others see me differently. I don't think I will ever see myself as anything other than the fat, lonely, plain ten year old I once was. I"m trying. But it will take time.

Distorted body image.

I wish I could take away the wrinkles...and lose the 15 pounds I put on when I went on an antidepressant.

I hate being this heavy. In actuality, I am well within the acceptable weight for my age and height, but my twin siser is like a stick, and I've always envied her.

Beryl

• Jesika
    Jesika

Beryl,

Although I am not a twin, my sister and I used to look like twins!!

My sister has gained quite a bit of weight due to depression (I hope she doesn't kill me for writing this), but now she is at a point in her life where she is ready to change that about herself FOR herself.

She has a man that loves her for who she is and never thought she could have a meaningful relationship since she was overweight. She has a great personality and loves her son more than anything, but now she is loveing HERSELF, and it has made a HUGE difference in who she is and what she is doing for HERSELF! This man loves her FOR WHO SHE IS!!!!!!!! Once you can love yourself, you CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!!! Just believe in YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila-------girl, you and I both!

Jes

Chin up beryl!!!!!!!! You are loved and if you think you are alone.........take a look around!! We love you!!!!!!!!!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

It depends on my mood , but mostly I hate looking in the mirror because I don't like what I see. I have alot of weight to lose and for some reason I just can't make myself do it,,,,,, I eat for comfort and had no problem until about 5 years ago,,,,,,,,,,I could eat and eat and didnt gain weight...... damn it is a bummer for the body to slow down and you start seeing you are getting older,,,,,,,,, the New World was supposed to be here before I had to worry about wrinkles, and all the other things that will come as I get older, I wish I could stop the clock,,,,,but ,,,,,,darn ,, I would love to grow old gracefully, so I am working on gettting my mind in order so I can take better care of myself, including my appearance.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    I would love to grow old gracefully

Considering you look about 25 Dede...I'd say mission accomplished!!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I've been on both spectrums. I've weighed 160 lbs, and I've weighed 116 lbs. I've been a blonde, I've been a brunette.

I grew up heavy with 2 obese parents. Junior high was cruel and I felt so ugly. It deffinently effected how I performed at school. Then I entered highschool, found a gym, and became the "quirky" drama girl.

The whole leaving the JW thing happened, I moved out on my own. I dropped from a size 10 to a 0 in a matter of months. People who knew me before thought I looked terrible. People asked me if I was on drugs, or had an eating disorder. People who didnt know me before thought I looked great. When I would go out to "the club" it seemed no one cared WHO I was, but rather how "hot" I looked. I had been talking to this guy on the phone for a while, and our first official "date" we went to the club. He later tried to umm.... force himself on me in the parking lot. Of course he wasnt successful. When I asked him what his problem was his reply was 'the plan was just to hit it and split.'

I was pretty disenchanted with men by that time. I've finally stopped putting so much emphasis on looks. Sure I'm not a size 0 anymore, but I'm comfortable with myself. I go to the gym to feel good. I stay home and eat pizza and drink beer because I want to.

It doesnt matter to me anymore. Of course I like to look nice, but I've met more quality men now then before. And I'm taken seriously (most of the time) instead of people trying to get down my pants. And frankly I perfer it that way. I dont care who the best looking girl in the room is. I just know that I'm a pretty damn cool chick. That's it.

Chevy of the 'why is it everything I post seems to turn in to a novel lately' class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Truthfully I don't see myself as others see me. I've had enough people tell me that I'm not the Elephant Man that I accept that, even though that's kinda what I see. But as I said on another thread, I was raised with lots of messages about how freakish I was and so naturally I believed them.

If I could change something about myself I would like to lose the 20 lbs. I've gained since I started working at night. Well that and maybe a nose job. And you know 20 lbs. isn't really enough, maybe another 20 would do it. And then I'd need to get pumped up, so that would have to change.

Well hell, let's just trash this model and start over. Whaddya say?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Amen Tex! Finally some good advice for us :)

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

The things that I would changed are going to be changed for me by the U.S. Army.

I will go down from 255 to less than 200 by the time I come back from Basic.

PFC District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit