What Can A Member Of The Governing Body Get Disfellowshipped For?

by Brokeback Watchtower 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Cool Morph! I especially like "DO" but I think you forgot "see".

• steve2
    steve2

What Can a Member of the Governing Body Get Disfellowshipped For?

For being Raymond Franz? šŸ˜‰

• blondie
    blondie

Ray Franz was not a GB member when he was "df'd". It wasn't until he was established in the Gadsen congreation he was kicked out for associating with a da'd jw. Interestingly, Ray's wife was at the same dinner and was not kicked out.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Ray's wife was at the same dinner and was not kicked out.

It seems they didn't have their sights set on his wife in orchestrating Ray's disfellowshipment it was just him they were after he was the dangerous one who had to go that way you get to kill two birds with just one stoning.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

DFing Ray Franz was a serious miscalculation. He did far more damage out than in. I guess they didnā€™t anticipate that, or vindictiveness obscured their judgement.

• steve2
    steve2

Whether disfellowdhipped as an active GB member or after stepping down, matters not. He was eventually disfellowshipped. Same with elders: they are not disfelllowshipped as active elders but as ā€œdeletedā€ elders.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    DFing Ray Franz was a serious miscalculation. He did far more damage out than in. I guess they didnā€™t anticipate that, or vindictiveness obscured their judgement.

You betcha that emotion of repayment turns the brain into mush as what to do, and elicites a purely emotional response to the object they fear.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

But Steve think of the constant threat that a GB might leave the fold and be used by their arch enemy Satan in revealing what goes on behind closed doors with this group of social misfits?

If that the case I'm sure they would offer a handsome wad of dough to such a person to assure his silence and a nice place to move to keep him out of the public/internet's prying eyes. So I'm thinking there were some papers signed and agreements made before becoming a member of the illustrious GB.

• zeb
    zeb

so he was given a 10,000 severance package eh? Im sure many of the more recently dumped bethelites would have appreciated a payment of that size to help set them up.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    What Can A Member Of The Governing Body Get Disfellowshipped For?

Pissing off the other members of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit