What Can A Member Of The Governing Body Get Disfellowshipped For?

by Brokeback Watchtower 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I don't think any member of the elite GB can be disfellowshipped while in the office, I think they need to be removed first from being part of the elite ruling class CEOs and then latter be DF'd if the need be. I'm of this opinion from what happened to Raymond Franz, Chitty, and Greeenlees.

Ray, was not DF'd for apostacy while on the GB, he was first removed from office given a $10,000 severance package and booted out of Bethel, latter he was seen eating with a member that left the clutches of the organization to which the WT corporation put into effect that eating a meal with a df'd or disassociated member is in itself a df'n offence.

I think the Watchtower will be very reluctant to DF any former GB member because they can do so much damage if they go public like Ray Franz did.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I guess the mechanism is supposed to be the same, in that GB members are supposed to be members of congregations, and if a matter arises (such as a GB member getting caught in flagrante) then it would be brought to the other elders.

I’ve heard Brooklyn Heights congregation mentioned a few times. A recent YouTube video features an interview from someone who processed field service reports for Splane and Jackson as members of Brooklyn Heights congregation. And an older JW mentions that there were 4 members of the GB in Brooklyn Heights congregation in the 1970s.

https://orthocath.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/life-at-bethel-the-world-headquarters-of-jehovah’s-witnesses-part-on/

But it seems GB members are not full participants in congregations. They are frequently absent attending other business, and I doubt they do the regular work of local elders in any meaningful way. In fact I wonder if they will continue as members of congregations in Warwick because it won’t be as easy to attach to local congregations away out in the middle of nowhere. They may form congregation-like groups comprising solely members of the headquarters instead. This would further distance GB members from the everyday lives of other JWs.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

You can't DFa sitting GB member simply because that would draw into question any decisions they were involved in while being a GB member. You have to make it look like their wicked course (DF-able offense) happened after being removed... Or after stepping down from the GB. At no time would they admit that a child molester or other "gross sin" committing person was in the GB.

To much face to save.

Maybe that's why they hide the paedo list...?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    To much face to save.

That's what I'm thinking and as far as I know, it might be "Independent Thinking" which is not allowed in Jehovah land. What ever the reason you know it's to save their asses perhaps even a criminal investigation.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    To much face to save.

Thanks what I'm thinking and as far as I know, it might be "Independent Thinking" which is not allowed in Jehovah land.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Or maybe they refuse to release it because its a violation individuals rights and sets them up for defamation law suits... na cant be...

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

That's definitely one more reason.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Maybe they should release the adultry list.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

No just the pedo's, now your being ridiculous,, to make a point?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

So you DO know ridiculous when you “see” it in other peoples posts.... interesting.

*edited- ty for pointing that out, brokeback

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit