back injury and nightmares.

by zeb 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

I have a recurring back injury that has spared me for some time but has returned and the results are nightmares of the 'Stephen king' order. My guess its nerve damage causing 'short circuits'.. am seeing the chiro tomorrow.

Anyone else had this?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Back pain is no fun and royally sucks big time. This is something I have had issues for a long time myself. Mine was so bad that I ended up having to go in and have back surgery to repair some damage that was done by an epidural. After my back surgery, I became 2 inches shorter.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

When I get stressed out I tend to have nightmares, they're not full on Stephen King-esque. Once in awhile I get sleep paralysis, and I saw the clown from It one night in my grandparents' guest room, scared the hell outta me. All that to say you're not alone, and the nightmares should go away with the pain.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

if it is reoccurring as in comes and goes then probably treatable by stretching, walking. if obese get the weight off! The stretching is a serious program of various stretch's held for a hundred count, where you feel the muscle relax at about the 45 count then again before the 100 count. you should find many specific exercises on utube. these are not for sissies. Being pain free is a lot of dedicated work!!! But well worth it as spine surgery can be a crap shoot.

Been there done that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Zeb I would proceed with caution if your back pain is related to a spinal herniated disk.

I had that problem once and one visit to supposedly the best Chiropractor in town made my condition worse and put me in bed for over a week.

Spinal stretching was thing that cured me and that was 30 years ago.

• zeb
    zeb

many thanks..

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Zeb.

Hope your doctor sorts your problem out.

I had a lower spinal injury when I was in my early twenties. It came from playing too much football (soccer).

One of my spinal discs in the small of my back moved a bit and touched on my sciatic nerve. Sometimes it was painful, sometimes it gave me pins & needles.

It eventually sorted itself out.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'short circuits' ... but couple of years ago I hurt my ankle - ligament damage. Little swelling but the pain was unbelievable. I'd get jolts of pain even if I kept my foot still. That, too, has eventually sorted itself out.

• zeb
    zeb

think of a damaged electrical appliance hence short circuits doesnt do what it is supposed to do.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Where in your back is the pain originating?

• zeb
    zeb

Was in the lower lumbar.. was.. I attended the Chiropractor who put me right. Its unbelievable that the manipulations could do that.

I have some rest exercises to do rolled towel under right hip x times a day..

thanks all once more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit