2023-12-15--Beards-BOE!

by Atlantis 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

There will be later on discussions what an acceptable beard will look like.

Zz Top will not be the right one.

G.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Gorb

ZZ doesn't need a necktie, can't see it

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It’s a concession that costs them nothing, widens the pool of “qualified brothers” to keep things running

I don't have a horse in this race, but my speculation is this would be the reason. Beards and/or low field serve-us hours were always the stick used to beat men back into submission to congregation control with the promise of the "privileges" carrot. Both were used by men fading to get off the hamster wheel and have now been removed so that it will make it more difficult for any males in congregations to use either one as a tool to fade.

• NotNew
    NotNew

"The Governing Body does not have an issue with brothers wearing beards. Why not? Because the Scriptures do not condemn the wearing of beards."

So than... they have always gone BEYOND what the scriptures say!

AND they're lying (‿ꜟ‿) holes...because "they" have always had a issue with beards in the US for the last 100+ years... and used it for control.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FedUpJW - “…it will make it more difficult for any males in congregations to use either one as a tool to fade.”

Very astute… I hadn’t thought of that.

And definitely on-brand.

🤔

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

finished reading that letter from them.

What smug, controlling bastards they are - no one is allowed to view this change critically - they really want to have their cake and eat it don't they..not inspired nor infallible my ass!!!

Just bloody control freaks!!

• zahoots
    zahoots

Big Thanks Atlantis!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Atlantis.

What wonderful instructuon from the organisation! Not only are we told what we can do, but we’re told what we can say and think about it too. Such bounteous provisions!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To be captain obvious,, these last few months have been interesting.

No more hours requirement for pubs.

Facial hair and beards now ok'd by their holy righteous, self - worshipping gb dudes.

Whats next? The women wearing pantsuits & conducting meeting parts? Or position of elders?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

2023 has been one hell of a crisis year for WTBTS! Nothing good that I can think of...only bad, negative & unfavorable crap...and to think that we still have 15 or so days remaining in the year.

Oh...I almost forgot...did y'all hear that a few days ago 'Mother' got her ass kicked in a court case in Spain by a small group of brave exJWs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit