Breitbart Report on JW "Russia persecution" sparks comments battle

by TerryWalstrom 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillMS
    stillMS
    The watchtower played with fire and got burned. Nuff said.

Other churches/sects/ of Islam, Christianity and other religions (and Russia itself) have also been playing with fire for quite longer than Borg - let's see if they got burned, as well.

Smelling the Great Tribulation thing ;)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If other churches do it, then I guess it’s alright. I retract my previous statements.

Go, Tax free, Organized, High-control groups! Go! Go! Go! You deserve to do whatever you want in a consequence free utopia!!

DD

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    Other churches/sects/ of Islam, Christianity and other religions (and Russia itself) have also been playing with fire for quite longer than Borg - let's see if they got burned, as well.

stillMS - you seem to be defending WT a lot.

Here are some differences between JW and Islam/Christianity. JW worldwide all report and answer directly to the GB. They take the words of the GB, watchtower, etc, as above the bible since they are told they can't understand the bible and must take the words from the GB as from God himself. Islam isn't controlled by a single entity but many. Christianity has many leaders and few if any as authoritian as JWs. Are Mormons in Russia? They are very close, that would be interesting to see how they are treated.

Anyway, I am curious to hear what your grand conspiracy theory is behind Russia targeting the JW's as you put it. If it's not the practices, family shunning, no blood, etc, do you think Russia is worried JW's could overthrow the government?

• stillMS
    stillMS
    stillMS - you seem to be defending WT a lot.
    Where have you seen me defending the Borg?
    Are Mormons in Russia?
    Of course, there are mormons in Russia - but they're quite outnumbered (20k+ as they claim), and totally strange to Russians mentality. They're generally not known to public and don't get much attention from government.
    Here are some differences between JW and Islam/Christianity.
    Thanks for reminding that to me, but most of the 'traditional' religions/sects have their own harmful rules and practices, in many cases even worse than that of the Borg (in no way I am justifying it).
    Anyway, I am curious to hear what your grand conspiracy theory is behind Russia targeting the JW's as you put it.
    No conspiracy here. It's quite evident for those who know Russian people. Putin is not a person strange to Russians - he personifies the desires of the Russians as a people (if it wasn't him, they would find another one like him). I won't describe those desires here (it's kinda off-topic), but one of those desires is to persecute 'sects' (non-Orthodox), and jws are just the most famous and irritating to people. And modern Russian Orthodox 'church' (which is controlled by intelligence -NKVD/KGB/FSB - since it's very foundation by Stalin during WW2 till these days) hasn't missed its chance to use a 'friendly' government (FSB controlled) to enact legislation against the ones they disgust.The only idea I'm emphasizing in my posts is that in no way current Russian government cares about things totally strange to them (like human rights, justice, citizens well-being, etc) when enforcing laws against jws. It's just a small part of what they do these days (creating a safe environment for their power and the money they get from this power - same like Borg's 'us versus them' mentality, but far worse, because brainwashed Russians already go killing tens of thousands of people and literally destroying lives of millions). That's my point - as briefly as I could.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Carla - "From one brilliant JW - '....rings and the internet are pagan...' - The internet is pagan? I am sure there are more gems but it just too early for such nonsense."

I honestly suspect that embarrassing fuckwits like this guy are the real reason the Org demonized the internet for so long. :smirk:

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Go, Tax free, Organized, High-control groups! Go! Go! Go! You deserve to do whatever you want in a consequence free utopia!!

You must have misunderstood - I am advocating personal responsibility in this regard. That is, full consequences for your choice. I chose to join the JWs. My fault. Mine. That carries with it some consequences.

No high control group for me. I have freedom of association. And I wish to stay out of the governmental high-control group too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit