Elders intimating protesters at Jehovah's Witness conventions

by RULES & REGULATIONS 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Be Courageous - Jehovah's Witness Convention 2018

Here is a video that Caligirl7525 posted where she is protesting with a small sign at the

''Be Courageous 2018 Convention.'' The police are called to have her removed from the public sidewalks. The police tell her that she has a right to protest on the sidewalk.

What actions do these childish, intimidating, controlling Elders do to censorship and suppress this small woman? They place seven elders in front of her so they can intimidate her and her ''free speech'' rights. They use bully tactics and throw their weight around.

Their behavior is shameful and an embarrassment to an organization who have won many

court cases to preach their message, hand out literature, ring doorbells at 9 a.m., stand in street corners with literature carts, preach on Christmas day and telephone witness but ''silence'' anyone who wishes invoke their ''free speech.''

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Yep, you're right. It's meant to intimidate protesters and keep Jehovah's Witnesses from talking to them in privacy. Very childish and controlling.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Cannot find the link to the video where is normally in the middle of the photograph appears to be dead

• Doctor Who
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Dr. Who beat me to it!

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I actually don't find anything out of the ordinary here. They have been doing this for years. They will not allow protestors on the property and will use brothers, big brothers, to block them from view of the sheeple. I personally don't see this as censorship either. They paid for the venue. If you want to have your side aired, rent it out and have your way. And intimidating? They just stood there. They didn't push her, didn't get in her face. So I am skeptical on that charge also.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    They will not allow protestors on the property and will use brothers, big brothers, to block them from view of the sheeple.

She is on a public sidewalk. She is not in the venue.

They paid for the venue.

They don't own the sidewalks. She has every right to protest and show her sign.

And intimidating? They just stood there. They didn't push her, didn't get in her face.

Seven big burly men standing in two rows blocking her from walking on a sidewalk they don't own. Why didn't they place some woman or small kids? Isn't seven burly men intimidating to a small woman?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I agree with the public sidewalk. But we have seen videos (some even posted on here) of ones like her trying to disrupt their meetings. So again, I can see the reason. Also, having worked in parking and accounting in the past for those events, they will many times rent out parking lots and other areas for their parking, Many protestors (including the police) don't realize this and they actually have the right to remove someone being disruptive (even if it is perceived as a public sidewalk). Now, I would caution that local laws can fluctuate depending on the area. And again, we hear her side, but I am thinking they actually rented that area for parking but I don't want to be dogmatic. And do you really want small children used as human shields? Because that is the mindset of those burly men. I personally am not intimidated by them. I am more intimidated by small, loud mouth women.

• blondie
    blondie

So how did the elders reply to the police and their statement that it was a public sidewalk and allowed to be there by law? I would have called the administration of the building and complained respectfully telling them the police had been called and said she had a legal right to be there.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Doctor Who

I don't think that she was being disruptive by holding a sign. Isn't blocking a public sidewalk an offense? Why can't she walk back and forth with her sign? What would these Elder goons do if she wanted to walk past them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit