I think I figured out their strategy with all the creepy videos

by JeffT 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

I came in during all the hype over 1975. The predictions about that date were the real driver behind all their activity. Since then, they haven't had a good goad to prod the sheep. They seem to be smart enough not to try another date.

I think they plan to use fear instead. They won't say WHEN this will happen, but you better be ready because storm troops will come to round you up if you don't give us all your spare time and pocket change. It may send some running when they see the cult for what it is, but many will respond the way the want, i.e. they'll all follow orders.

• MaxTan
    MaxTan

Yes, and if you set a date the time will eventually prove your prophecy wrong but with only fear but no concrete dates set they can keep people trapped in forever...

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Their new vids smack of Nazism, ah Arians the superior race. Makes me want to puke, Manipulation and Propaganda 101.

• cofty
    cofty

I agree Jeff. It is a worrying development.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Jeff - of course they are using fear.

But really what I think is going on is this. This is a big push against the internet.

HOW?

1) The end is near - the gestapo is coming - so to be loyal (and have dog on your side) you must - SHUN and keep shunning any who have been DFed.

2) Also all the "loyalty" massive push that is going on is about - DON'T look at anything said on the internet - Don't believe any news reports about Child Abuse in the org.

3) Don't listen to anyone but us. 

That's how FEAR works for them.

It's all about keeping those IN - IN.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Exactly! TV Screens are the most effective way of dispensing fear-based propoganda there is.

It's absolutely no surprise to me that the WT has become a broadcasting studio.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think you nailed it Jeff.

Same fear factor without any of that embarrassing date setting.

• atomant
    atomant

lve questioned many jw's about the false predictions WT have made and they all deny it.lts like talking to a wall.

• stillin
    stillin

All of the WT statements have been correct, for the time period in which they were made.

pretty slick, huh?

• hoser
    hoser

I watched some of the videos and they are really ramping it up. IMO they want to get rid of some dead wood and have a smaller more devoted fan base.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit