Can the special pioneers, bethelites, and many other "servants", who are getting their benefits stripped, SUE THE WTBS?

by Dunedain 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Splash
    Splash

I thought there was a legal case in Spain when the bethel was shut (not too long after being built) and all the bethelites were turfed out?

I seem to recall there's a law there that obligated the WT to pay a 'pension' to them.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ Simon - Whats in it for them?

With all due respect, Simon, lawyers take frivilous cases all the time in America. Usually the simple word, PUBLICITY, is the reason. Before Mcdonalds served hot coffee to someone, and it spilled on them, i bet nobody would have thought that a lawyer would have taken the case to sue them, but they DID, and WON.

There are "kooks" in every aspect of society, poloticians, lawyers, WTS, and all types, can have all reasons for pursuing something for their own motives.

While, i completely agree, that these persons volunteered, thats not my point. The point here is, that an AMERICAN corporation, is cutting THOUSANDS of peoples MEDICAL BENEFITS, in 3 months time. IS this legal, yes or no. I honestly dont know, but i do know, that in America, there are laws in place to protect people with PRE-EXISTING medical conditions from losing their benefits WITHOUT enough time and care being allowed.

I GUARANTEE THE WTS IS VIOLATING THIS LAW!!!!!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

They all signed the "Vow of poverty" form when they joined the "Special Order of Full Time Servants", which, among other things, allows the WTS to terminate them at any time for any reason.

Of course, in the USA, anyone can sue anyone else for any reason whatsoever, but I'd say the WTS has done a bang-up job of protecting itself.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At least at this point they are only unemployed, and they are not DFd so they still have their network of friends. If they file a lawsuit against their "brother" (WTS) they would be persona non-grata if not immediately DFd and lose every contact they have to find real employment or receive any assistance.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "I'd say the WTS has done a bang-up job of protecting itself."

They've also done a spectacular job of creating a virtual army of people who f**king hate them.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    When I was in Bethel we all had to sign a disclaimer that means you can never sue the branch forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit