If You Could Explain To A Witness WHY They Are Wrong, Would You Want To?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/7798/1.ashx

http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-11/beliefs.html

here are some good thoughts and theories on WHY FOLKS are so difficult to get thru to

even WITH FACTS- PROOFS AND DOCUMENTATION

• Swan
    Swan

It's not my job to PREACH anymore!

So I don't. I might plant a seed of doubt once in a while, if I think the person is in the right place to hear it, but I don't stand there and debate them. It's not worth the trouble and that's not my job anymore. I try to keep in mind the old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. If the right seed is planted, then only patience will yield the result of them realizing they are wrong. So I keep telling myself, "It's not my job to preach anymore." That helps me to be patient.

On the other hand, I love telling people I know all about my experiences with the JWs, their hypocrisy, their cult-like methods, and the latest dirt on them. I can guarantee that none of my friends will ever become a JW.

Tammy

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Min, With my relatives, I play dumb and ask specific questions - one or two at a time - and I never attack or speak overly negative because then they'll become instantly defensive even if I'm making a valid point. I don't go after dotrines or the dub unknown history of the religion. I focus on emotional issues because they hold onto the borg, usually for emotional reasons. So I ask quesitons about disfellowshipped ones. For instance, my uncle said to me once when a friend of mine was dfed 'It's like a death, isn't it?' and I said 'But he's not dead, do you think Jehovah thinks of him as dead or is he still loved and valued as a human being?' My uncle, an elder, had nothing to say. This approach may not work for everyone but I'm going to keep at it and aim for their emotions rather than attack their belief system. I won't stop until my family is out. - Victorian Sky

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, I would never sit down with a witness and hand them the whole package, kit and kaboodle, of why their religion is a bunch of crock. I don't hesitate to warn the uninitiated, however. I agree one question at a time is enough for a faithful JW. Let them stew with it in their own juices.

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

From my attempts to discuss controversial issues I have come to the point that I beleive its useless. Until the person has begun to have doubts themselves you cannot get past the barriers built up over years of Borg mind control.

I guess its like arguing with an Alcoholic. No matter what you tell the person they wont beleive.

Someone earlier posted that the best method is to put a seed of doubt and let that seed grow. This may be.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, temeculamole. I agree with you, can't tell an alcoholic that he/she is an alcoholic if they are not ready.

btw, there was an article about Dave Meyer, the former Bucks basketball player and active JW in the news recently. He lives in temecula. Do you know of him?

Blondie

• Undecided
    Undecided

Just ask them to prove just one prediction of the borg. has ever been true. Without the new light, we're only human excuses to change their original false prediction they would just have to admit they didn't have a clue, even with their holy spirit direction.

Ken P.

• minimus
    minimus

Ken, That Christ became king in the heavens in 1914.

• teejay
    teejay

Only if they asked.

• topanga
    topanga

most of them know that already.they choose to serve jehovah the organization not jehovah the god of heaven. They don't want to start over somewhere else and they see what happens to thse who leave at first , you knoww the depressions and all . They stay out of lonliness, fear or to move up in to higher positions in the organization and score some free flights on jw airlines

or for whatever perks are open to them. Alot of them cannot take the shunning, witnesses harrass them on the job get them fired , blackmail them try to ruin any relationships they have in order to impose a sort of death on them social death spiritual death which leads to isolations and possible suicide or mental problems. They like to think they have the power and some of them are viciously abusing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit