Was Jesus the SON......or.....the SUN?

by gumby 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Christians out there can reflect on this for awhile if you care.

"JC in the Sky"
    Sun-god Jesus (Christos Helios) in fiery chariot - 3rd c. tomb mosaic, below St Peter's, Rome
    The sun 'dies' for three days on December 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or 'resurrected' on December 25th, when it resumes its movement north.
    What they don't tell the children –
    • Following a star would lead you round in circles. Nazareth did not exist in the 1st century AD – the area was a burial ground of rock-cut tombs. • The first believers in Jesus maintained he was a sun-god in the sky. Only later did he acquire a death, a life and finally a birth.
    'You say we worship the sun; so do you.'
    Church Father Tertullian (160-220AD)
    'Sion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation. The house of our sanctuary has become a curse...'
    Romanticised view of the Fall of Jerusalem
    The sun is the 'Light of the World'. The sun 'cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him.' The sun rising in the morning is the 'Savior of mankind.' The sun wears a corona, a 'crown of thorns' or halo. The sun 'walks on water.' The sun's 'followers' or 'disciples' are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the sun must pass. The sun at 12 noon is in the house or temple of the 'Most High'; thus, 'he' begins 'his Father's work' at 'age' 12.
  • minimus
    minimus

Gumby, I understand why YOUR post isn't getting any feedback.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I totally get what your posting ... it's very logical .. I wonder if there is any basis of truth in there.

Very interesting gumby

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I live in the Sunshine state. We're all followers of the sun here.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Any Christian who does not see the connection between sun worship and Christianity isn't looking very hard.

Robyn

• COMF
    COMF

Can we drag out the comparisons between Lincoln and Kennedy now?

• gumby
    gumby
    Can we drag out the comparisons between Lincoln and Kennedy now?

Good point comf, Kennedy had two eyes....just like lincoln, we also find he had two ears....just like lincoln, both men had penises too. Re-search tells us they both wore shoes and it also been said they both wore socks! If your trying to compare Jesus and the motifs before him, to Lincoln and Kennedy....then your not being fair.........ya unfair bastard

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hey, wasn't that an episode of the original Star Trek?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Somewhere, someone, is worshipping a rock in a shoe. They are giving their whole life to that rock. Basing their entire reason for existence around it. You wouldn't try and take away their rock, now would you, Gumby? JamesT

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Interesting Thread Gumby, I will comment more on it soon.

First, I do want to show the context of Tertullian's statement:

"You say we worship an ass's head, he goes on, but you worship all kinds of animals; your gods are images made on a cross framework, so you worship crosses. You say we worship the sun; so do you. A certain Jew hawked about a caricature of a creature half ass, half goat, as our god; but you actually adore half-animals. As for infanticide, you expose your own children and kill the unborn. Your promiscuous lust causes you to be in danger of the incest of which you accuse us. We do not swear by the genius of Caesar, but we are loyal, for we pray for him, whereas you revolt. Caesar does not want to be a god; he prefers to be alive. You say it is through obstinacy that we despise death; but of old such contempt of death was esteemed heroic virtue. Many among you brave death for gain or wagers; but we, because we believe in judgment. Finally, do us justice; examine our case, and change your minds."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit